CD drive problem

Davy Holt

Hiya,

Ok I got a glitch in my system and it's becoming very annoying. The easy solution would be to wipe the PC and start again, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

the Problem is using window's explorer I cant read *any* CD they all show up as being blank disc's or it says "no disk in the drive". But if I use Nero I can see the contents of the drive and copy and burn Cd's without any problem.

If I un install the drives and the controllers, re boot the PC. I can read the Cd's for a short time through Windows explorer, before it goes back to the blank or no disk in the drive scenario.

I've tried all types of Cd's with the same results.. all suggestions gratefully received :):)

[ 26. December 2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Davy Holt ]

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, fellas, if anyone can offer Davy (and me, now) some advice, it would be much appreciated.

In my own case, I have recently found that the CD player on my (steam-powered, as used by Julius Caesar) PC which operates / runs / whatever / with Windows ME, won't run program CDs. I use it for music CDs regularly, and they play just fine, but when I shoved in a BT Broadband CD into the player the other week (and any other program CDs, as a test), I got the silly 'no disc in / place a disc in the drive' messages. Any clues, or do I thrash the thing to within an inch of its life, and then probably some way beyond...

[ 26. December 2004, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Hiya,

I seem to be one stage further than you Paul.. I cant get either drive to read at all, you put a CD in it starts up then stops :(

Kendo.. I've rebooted this thing round the house and it still the same :D:D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"