CD drive problem

Davy Holt

I only used floppies on my old comp, and had a load of trouble trying to save photos to the disc drive. It took over 80 posts on another board to find the cause of the problem , Id been putting the discs in upside doon .

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give a try at fixing things with This tool. I know it says it tries to fix 'autorun' problems but it cures some others as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hiya,

Thanks Newt... I ran it on both drives and it says they are both OK with no problems. Evidently it's not that as there is no change :(

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

hiya Gobio,

The drives themselves are fine, I've tested them both in other PC and they work fine 100% of the time. Even in this PC they both work fine.. so long as I use Nero.. I can see the contents, copy and burn disc's without a problem. I just cant view the disc's using windows :(

I was hoping that there might have been an easy solution but it looks like it's a wipe the drive and start again case

Davy

You don't need an 'InCD' driver or similar loaded do you? (sort of makes the CD drive work as a floppy drive).

Also remove any 'other' CD writing software in case that is fighting the system, you could also try the system with nero removed as well.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Hiya,

Nope I've never needed additional drivers.

Only added Nero to see if I could solve the problem, that's the only CR writing software I have installed and the only way I can get to burn any CD's :)

Davy