INTERNET EXPLORER.

KBONE

Ken, you will not like this?? But my suggestion is to get shut of Recycle bin (if you DO need to put anything back just roll back)and install Firefox!! i was VERY sceptical when I first used it but now 6 months down the line?? I do NOT use I.E. at all now!!

Good luck!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...

The Recycle bin is part of Windows not Internet Explorer, If you are running XP then go back to the last restore point when it was working ok and try again.(accessed from the start menu) Do the usual virus scan and adware checks before hand. I have used IE for years, update regularly and dont have any serious problems, but maybe I'm lucky? But if you are that paranoid forget firefox and get a MAC!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Thanks lads, Microsoft have told me that I have a virus called smart shopper that has caused my problem, they told me to remove it but I am unable to open the control panel so cannot get to my add remove progeam, so I have had enough now and am going to get a new pc.

Ken.

Dont do that it should be easy to remove! You wont find it in the add remove programmes anyway or I doubt it. If your virus checker is up to date do a full scan also use up to date spyware removal tools, adaware, spyware doctor, or windows own which is also free, they should knobble it.

Also email Newt hes better on this stuff than me

dan

Me too, ever since my wife's laptop got thoroughly riddled via a browser exploit. She's extremely careful (she's an IT person too) but with that kind of thing there's nothing you can do.

Steve Walker:

but with that kind of thing there's nothing you can do.

I think there is! you can certainly minimise the risk by keeping everything up to date and doing the spyware checks, that where most are falling down at the moment. firefox is only safe® at the momnent because the hackers/virus/trojan writers havent been attracted to it, but as soon as its more popular it will, I assure you!

You could aways get a MAC!

Dan