Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

Hi folks,

just back from Ireland. WHY did you not make me take my kayak? It's all YOUR fault. Cloudless skies, northerly winds - well slight breeze, flat, oily calm seas and I left my yak at home. You should have made me take it.

Anyway, spent a couple of days jumping from one rock to another chucking plugs into the sea to see if there were any bass wanting to play. They were all round at their mates' house though. On my last day the wind went round to the south and brought a surf onto the rocks - stirred the water into life it did. I got a couple of follows and big swirl on the surface just behind my lure but no hook ups. Lovely couple of days, spoiled by you not making me take my kayak, you mean and inconsiderate lot. :(

I had a couple of hours fly fishing on the River Suir,top end near Holy Cross, dry fly in the rain and caught 37 beeyutiful brown trout. Got soaked but really made up for my fruitless searching for bass before hand.

This weekend should see me escaping up to n. Wales, at least for 1 day. Anyone want to join me for a paddle on a tide and do some ground exploration? Weather should be reasonable (that's done it. Gales and rain will be forecast now, just you watch!)

Happy hunting.

Simon

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon, Simon, Simon, this isn't the first time is it?

You should have learn't your lesson by now... Toothbrush, clean pair of pants, kayak, don't leave home without them.

On another note, do you ever sit still, Dorset, Ireland, North Wales. Would love to have joined you but the van is in hospital having it's big end looked at. :(

Of to chuck some fluff on Sunday Morning, Beaulieu Boat Jumble in the afternoon if I have time.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Simon.

We said take your Yak.......you obviously didnt hear.

Fancy NOT taking it :D

Sounds like you had a nice time there anyway.

shame you didnt get a Bass or two, but you did well with the Brownies( Trout I mean :rolleyes: )

Re the weather, thanks a bunch......thats bound to feck it up :D

Might have a wee look at it myself at the weekend, if it is fishable.

Hows the rigging of the 13 going?

yy :)

YY - rigging complete. Awaiting suitable opportunity to take the plunge - well I would rather not, I actually want to stay plastic side down :D

Just got back from Cirencester - 15 trucks in a muddy hole in the ground - so don't fancy driving all the way down to Beaulieu this weekend. One of the staffers will have to do it.

ST/Mn

I am riding down to Kent tommorrow for a couple of bikes to photograph, then Worcester on Saturday. SO, Sunday is going to be a fishing day. Might set off late Saturday night and get on the water for dawn!!! OOO eer, getting goose bumps thinking about it. Surely there must be a bass with my name on it swimming off North Wales/Anglesey area.

Anyone seen any plaice or dabs yet?

Simon.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

YY - since putting the pictures up on the rigging thread (using Prowlers info) I can't find his instructions anymore, so can't put them up. Got some of the boys having a play on the local reservoir (Carsington) - unrigged, because they won't let me fish from her there. Spoil sports. You have to use one of their boats - and canoes are not allowed out of the bay - where you are not allowed to fish at all. :confused:

I'll try and get one on the beach this weekend - but i am not taking my D2X on the water - not after this quarry experience :D

Need someone else in a boat or on the shore to take soe of me landing a double figure bass...would you be willing to hold the camera? :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ and follow the screen directions. Special attention to the part that says NO SPACES in your picture's filename.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President