Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasgowdan -- In answer to your question, I wouldn't anchor in a 3+ knot tide.

Its all about having the right tool for the job in hand. Common sense dictates that there are times and places where you would not take a kayak out. Kayaks are not a replacement for small fishing boats they are an alternative way of getting out on the water - each will be better suited to different situations.

How big & powerful is your boat Glasgowdan? Perhaps there are situations where it would be foolish to take your boat out but safer for larger craft?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I was going to write something, but I can't be bothered with your small mindedness Glasgowdan

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Jaffa,

I think it was Dans obvious attitude when he posted his remarks, that prompted the responses here.

There are ways to ask a question, imho, his was not the right way.

As far as the safety issues are concerned, I think we have all talked about these at some lengths between us.

We always try to offer help on safety to new commers.

Starvin has now put a safety page on Anglers Afloat, a major plus.

Dan, has stumbled uppon the Kayak threads and formed an oppinion without realising what we are about.

If he has been lurking for a while, then why has he taken this long to comment, (and badly )

Sorry, no empathy from me.

I really dunno what prompted the post from Glasgowdan that indicated fishing from a yak was dangerous, stupid, and probably should not be allowed.

I thought I remembered his previous postings being from a man who had firm opinions but was reasonable with expressing them. I checked a dozen or so and that is pretty much the way he has presented himself on the forum.

This seems to have been a very atypical comment and maybe ought to be put down to a bad evening or something.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hmmm what have I missed, Glasgowdan although I fully understand where your coming from I dont get the attitude, that said and with your words "Whats the use! Cant believe nobody has said this very obvious statement yet" if you had have been truly bothered by this thread then you would have checked out the previous ones instead of jumping in here with both feet in your mouth.

Check em out if you can be bothered.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...=2;t=004218;p=5

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...=2;t=004324;p=1

We have talked about safety to great lengths in these threads and yes one day there will be a tragedy as inevitably there is when seafishing is involved, either due to stupidity or being misguided or both and I should know, we are not here to promote those failings we are here to help others that want to enjoy this pastime safely, common sense should prevail but often it doesn't.

Either way whether young or old anglers/kayakers visit these threads or not these BOATS are going to sell, people will want to fish from them, and I would rather have them visit a place like these threads with the culminated knowledge than go out there uneducated, what would you rather them do?.

As YY quite rightly says " No Empathy"

[ 19. April 2005, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Guest Flybynight

I'm a newbie here - and was really excited by the idea of yak fishing. Saftey is important - but individuals have to takew responsibility for that stuff out for themselves surely? The sea is obviously a very dangerous environment - so take advice. And the folks here could hardly be more helpful about it... I think its a great idea and if I die doing it, well - I should have been more careful, eh? (Unless I'm run down by a jet skier demon )

Cheers

FBN

Hi Newt,

Judging by the lack of response from "Glasgowdan",

I think you are right, must have been an off day for him.

Thats cool, we all have em now and then.

Dan if your looking.

To err is human.....to forgive is devine, so I suppose Im devine :D

Never did tell us what boat you have. :rolleyes:

yy :)