Kayakfishing Chat - more

Newt

Yakity,

Got the Prowler off the rack to play with...you asked about the forward cupholder...blimey, nuff said!

The Safety Check List has gone live, so has the Self Rescue Technique, please let me know what you think, please send me a PM if you have any comments. :)

Oh christened the toilet today, we finally have a flush...touch wood no leaks...we are nearly there. :D

Hey bit of a turn up you having a NZ yak, nice one. I can see these going up in value in the future. :)

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff Starvin, that should help set some of us up along the right path.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Cheers Prowler, been trying to find a tackle box to fit in the area behind the seat on the Prowler, Plano don't seem to have one so looking at various other makes, also need to find a crate to fit it...hopefully with some beer in it :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

I love the checklist, perfect for forgetfull people like errrrr mmmm oh yes ,me.

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Starvinmarvin:

been trying to find a tackle box to fit in the area behind the seat on the Prowler, Plano don't seem to have one so looking at various other makes, also need to find a crate to fit it

Dimensions for the tackle box space? And do you mean a crate to fit the same space or what?
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

The prowler, has a sectioned tank well behind the seat, the front section will take a slim tackle box and the rear section the crate, sorry haven't got the dimensions with me as I'm at work, will post them tonight, have checked through the Plano gear, nothing really works for me, going to have a look at my local DIY shop this weekend.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Sounds like time for the empty ice cream tub - 2 litre version.

Failing that, did you watch Blue Peter as a lad? 4mm plywood, 10mm square baton, evo-stick, two brass hinges (if you must) otherwise just put a flange around the inside of the lid and make yourself a made-to-measure wooden lure box. Line it with some high density foam and you can stick your hooks in it like a fly box. - You can do the same with the ice cream tub. I don't, I have hook guards and loads of fun untangling seven lures to get at the one I want :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Dont forget the sticky back plastic Simon

[ 12. April 2005, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Prowler ]

Photo Gallery

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Starvin - might be worth a look at some of the Soft Bags that are available.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Starvin,

If your looking for a tackle box for the smaller compartment at the rear of the cockpit to the Prowler 13, me thinks your going the live bait tank route, in the main well??

If not, you could make the smaller well a neat Anchor hold, and use a crate in the main.

There must be a box out there somwhere to fit it.

The soft bags Newt has kindly posted look the Mutts Nuts too, very nice bits of kit, nice and light, easey to handle.

yy :)