Post your catch pictures here

Newt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fish - nice sea conditions too. Take a look at "splashin about" thread to see what iwas having to deal with last weekend. Damned if I was staying ashore though - it was nearly 300 miles to get there!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Just noticed something - Speciman, or anyone wearing a drysuit - make sure you expel ALL the air out of your suit by pulling a gap in the neck seal and then crouching down, so you squeeze it all out upwards. The reason for this is if you go in with air in the suit it goes to your feet and will suspend you upside down - people have drowned from it, and it is no good saying you will pull the ripcord on the lifejacket, because that doesn't always get you back on the surface. Ask any commercial training establishment.

Jusy a something I noticed in the pic of you sat on your yak with a a pretty Cuckoo and I would hate for you to be an example.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I've been in the water with air pressure built up in the suit when wearing a buoyancy aid and it keeps it me upright Perhaps when I'm not wearing a buoyancy aid its a different story; there are guys who go swimming and snorkelling in theres.

I do 'burp' out air from time to time though.

I've sent Kokatat an email about this. Hopefully they'll shed some light on it.

[ 25. May 2005, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Just been reading about dry suits on windsurfing forums and they're echoing your comments Simon. Burp it out or hang upside down!(without BA)

(tip: if you're wearing a dry cag or suit with a latex neck seal make sure you shave first otherwise it may itch :D )

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow