Where Do You Buy?

Elton

Yakity, you're right of course. I just really like the idea of a fish finder to map out the bottom and go 'bing' every time I go a fish :)

I'm doing a kayaking course on sunday so I'll take it from there.

Cheers

JRT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a Rib for my son and allthough I am not interested in Yaks the Guy who is building the Rib is also a keen fisherman who has a mould for Yaks and showed me the one he built for himself. Rod holders, storage built in, all sorts of practical bits moulded in which he explained what they were for, looks the dogs. I had a chat with him and he was telling me the mould came from South Africa where they regularly fish 5km off shore for barracuda. They are then towed another 5km before they land, if that is the right word, the cuda.

As I say I have no interest in the Yacks nor with the company apart from a being a satisfied customer but if anyone wants the details it is Menai Marine, Tim Bailey, 01286 677445.

Hello, I have browsed this board for a while now, but have only recently become a member.

It was the great information and apparently friendly community that encouraged me to join.

I too have recently ordered a yak, I needed a platform that I could take my girlfriend on and from time to time one of our 11/12 year old daughters. I also needed something that I could paddle solo and also use as a potential diving platform for when I go spearfishing. My yak of choice became the Malibu 2 XL.

Being located in Jersey, we are VERY limited as to where we can shop, and I was frustrated at the apparently lower prices of the yaks in the UK once the VAT was deducted. The only problem was getting it to Jersey, I was being quoted over £100.

Luckily, I have a friend who works for a local frieght company and have managed to get it over through his company.

I bought my yak throug Deva Direct (Deva Marine) as I found them to be one of the cheapest on the yak itself. This was coupled with an amazingly friendly and helpful person called Neil. Even though it initially seemed he might not be able to help me, he remained helpful throughout, and it was a pleasure for me to know that I was finally able to spend my money with a company that had been so well presented.

There is no doubt in my mind that I will be using them again should the need arise.

I hope other find this post helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

As a newbie this has been interesting and informative, especially the feedback about Deva. I'm not aware of any kayak suppliers local to me (Sheffield) but I do know where Deva is - drive past it nearly every time I go fishing on Anglesey.

Diplomat - I'll be contacting you soon. I don't need any more fishing tackle (the Mrs says !) but I will need everything else, except a fishfinder.

• 2 weeks later...