the shopping list

barramundi

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just eat 3 weetabix each morning. Plenty of fresh from the tank milk to go on them. Then a couple of eggs. Then some toast. Then you can just lift the kayak with one hand and guide it with the other - up she goes!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Very nice kayak carrier though - good pics too. two abreast possible on that rack?

I saw two women walking 4 abreast the other morning :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Nicw one Yakdiver. You have given me some inspiration. Thank you. :D

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

wow this threads been busy while ive been away!!

1-Great photos of roof racks

2-leaking scuppers - Is that the holes in the bottom? If so then yes I grabbed some scupper plugs when at brighton canoes(jolly nice people) and yes ones gone missing and the other 3 leak.

3-Musket - Thanks for the offer of a yak trip. If I could get the thing on the roof Id be down.

4 - I need a blo ody ROD LEASH I went out today off the local beach and decided to trawl a plug behind the yak . I was useing a 6.6 american baitcasting rod set up. The problem with the scupper pro rod holders is that they get in the way of paddling. I hit the rod and plop! it was gone!!. I saw about one inch of rod butt floating above the surface, so I came about(talking the lingo eh!) and the rod had sunk.

Fortunately I had Fox floating braid on the reel and in the calm sea I could see the line floating on the surface so was able to haul the rod up.

lucky that time.

SO NEXT ITS ROD LEASHES AND TROLLYS

Hi Barra

Thats a shame about the rod holders. What direction are the rods pointing when they're in the holders? Given that they're not fitted for the job in hand you could try to get it exchanged for an non anglers edition and get them to bundle in the holders so you can fit them yourself - either way OK or your dealer are worth contacting about this so they are aware of the problem.

With the scuppers I was referring to them leaking water into the hull of the yak. There's an issue with many Prowler 13's where water is leaking into the hull from weak points in the scupper holes. Was wondering if the Scupper Pro would have the same issue.. only time will tell I guess. Was there any water in the hull after your trip?

How does she glide? Does she feel fast? Must admit I'm very tempted by this kayak - could be suited for the longer trips I may do.

Simon

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

the yak does seem to glide but im not qulified to make comparisons as yet. I had about half a coffee cups worth of water in the hull come to think of it.

Funny enough I dreamt I had bought a caper last night. It would be nice to be able to throw the yak in the back of the van from time to time

Im sure yaks are like surf boards and in surfing longboards glide and reduce paddeling effort and short boards are more manouverable but require more effort to push through the water. So based on that I guess a scupper would feel fast and glide in comparison with a caper?