the shopping list

barramundi

Legs like a giraffe though :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Legs like a giraffe though

Au contraire-compact and bijou :)

That scupper pro really does look sleek and graceful.Barramundi-If you're visiting your only neighbouring county sometime and fancy a trip out of the south hams then give me a shout.

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Barramundi,

The Hullivator is a great piece of kit but its far to expensive for us mortals, I think it will retail at about £400, that should include the cross bars as well though.

Thule (pronounced, tool) have a couple of great ideas, the first being the Outrigger, this is a bar that extends out from the roof rails, you just pick up one end lean it on the outrigger, lift the other and push it on to the car.

The second is what I think they call a Hydro glide roller system, mounted at the back of the vehicle and placed in the center of the cross bars, place the noes of the yak onto the frame, lift and push, easy. Goodluck

Has anybody looked at modifying a rear tailgate / boot cycle rack. Just a thought but as i have an old one am wondering if 2 wheels could be mounted on the inside of the carrying arms. This would allow the Yak to be rolled up and onto the roof.

Be even better if it could then be turned into a trolley. Theres a challenge Starvin. :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Barramundi.

You will find, like I did, that the longer the Kayak, the easier it is to get up on the roof.

I used to have to get mine up on a Transit (Semi High Roof )

I found it much easier loading the Prowler 15, than I did loading the Scrambler XT.

Its more knack than brute strength, after a couple of goes, youll have it down to a fine art.

Chuggs has got a good rig on his car, Ill ask him if he will post it up.

YY :)

[ 26. September 2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Darnsarf,

Challenge it certainly is... get started then.

You up for a trip on Sunday morning if the weather is good, I want to go back and see Rays mates and also try an inshore mark that I've got me feelers out about after seeing the charter boats in there.

Let me know... you get to go in the Caper though, unless you have your own now.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvin you're on. Someone has to keep an eye on you. Will need the Caper though. (You can always tow me :) (Birthday on the 3rd do Bournemouth Canoes do vouchers? LoL)

PM me details, Ill get the bait just let me know what we need. Where and when.

Day before my 21st b'day (yeh right), Ray's mum would be a lovely present :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Barra

Just had an email from Yakity about posting some pics of my kayak carrier that may be of interest to you.

It is the Atera kayak/small boat carrier and paddle holder.

CAR1.jpg

I cut out some foam ,covered it with rubber pond liner.It protects the car and acts as a great support while fitting your gear on the yak.

carr2.jpg

carr3.jpg

Just lift the back of the yak up and slid on .Two auto locking straps ,thats it,

Dead easy, no struggling.

carr4.jpg