Boat Fishing Monthly

Dave Godwin

Thanks Sam, it did'nt come out to bad other than we are not in the Med and it was the wrong time of year for the better sharks.

The blues had just spawned and all the baby shark were not old enough to have grown any teeth.

What links are you guys on about, or was that the "abuse"!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can mouth off at times but never denied being a computer dummy. Whem I click the link I still get through to a Microsoft page???????????????????????

Stan - it's not your fault.

When they did the transfer, it screwed up all the old links.

Those with web addresses in their signatures need to change them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Firstly Bob, i have to say that i have not yet read the whole mag as i still have not received one here in the depths of southern Portugal.

My own opinion is that strings of feathers have no place in angling for sport or pleasure other than as a means to collect bait IE mackerel.

Firstly Bob, i have to say that i have not yet read the whole mag as i still have not received one here in the depths of southern Portugal.

My own opinion is that strings of feathers have no place in angling for sport or pleasure other than as a means to collect bait IE mackerel.

I agree Dave but what is more worrying is the amount of undersize fish that must have been caught.

The article says that each angler ended up with 2 or 3 fish each over 36cm.

We know that when these small bass shoal up if you throw 4 feathers in you'll get 4 small bass.

A boat load of anglers chucking feathers must have produced a good few fish.

Most of them would have been under 36cm.

I can't understand why the skipper didn't move away from the shoal.

And are anglers happy to pay good money to do that sort of thing?

I agree Dave but what is more worrying is the amount of undersize fish that must have been caught.

The article says that each angler ended up with 2 or 3 fish each over 36cm.

We know that when these small bass shoal up if you throw 4 feathers in you'll get 4 small bass.

A boat load of anglers chucking feathers must have produced a good few fish.

Most of them would have been under 36cm.

I can't understand why the skipper didn't move away from the shoal.

And are anglers happy to pay good money to do that sort of thing?

If that was the case with the bass magic artical that the whole day was spent using feathers to catch small bass to just sizable size the the charter skipper needs shooting.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I have found that being a charter skipper is usually a fine balance between, earning a living, keeping your customers happy and being an angler yourself.

That said sometimes you just have to find "FISH" for your anglers, from what you guys have said about this article most of the fish were put back, so i don't see the problem in catch & release.

But surely from an angling and sporting point of view these fish would hopefully have provided all day sport on a single feather, spinner or lure, with the anglers still taking one or two fish each.

Hi Bob, i have not seen a bass on my boat all summer, but there are plenty in the marina.

I have not fished the beaches at all yet, but again i have not heard of any.

These guys on the forum should come and fish here to try to help me spread the word abput catch & release in Portugal.

:D