Oban Area " Skate "

Seahog

SandTiger:

SandTiger:

ello Tig ... hope your keeping well as it appears you are by all accounts, congrats is the order of the day I believe     :D    

Thanks Hoggy, Tis my best catch ever and not one that could ever ever be broken :D:D
:cool: Ah! You old smoothie you. :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding to the Daiwa Sealine Series of reels! ..... which models would be most suited to the task of Skate fishing?

I was considering the Daiwa Sealine 400H & 600H models, or are these a none starter and not suited to the task?

[ 31. August 2005, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Seahog ]

Hiya Hoggy,

for a one off trip they should do but are not up to regular use :)

I'll be in touch when I get home over the weekend

and dont worry about the gear, I'll lend you a rod :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Was toying with using the Policansky Monitor 4b ... always a bit concerned it would be up for the job …. Thought I might pick something else up that might be more up to the job so too speak!

Anyhow my minds been made up for me :o (

Was in the garage the other day and my jacket caught the reel on the bench as I was leaning over to reach something and the Policansky flew off and landed hard on the floor, smashing the handle assembly … life’s a bit*h

Anyhow been looking at some reels on ebay sure to suss something out, got my eye on a Penn 6/0 … understand its not ideal for long term use, but it should be ok for a one off, if the bug gets me I’ll look for something better ….

Hiya,

Someone upstairs is looking after you Hoggy.. trust me on this one

I had a Monitor 4b, it was killed in one day, by one single skate :D:D

for a test run a Senator 6/0 is more than enough and cheap enough... until you get the bug

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya, I've just spent the last hour taking my Penn 50 to bits...(bought it secondhand )and it looks inside like its not been touched since it was new (mibbes 30 years ago),bit of grease etc, and its as good as new....you definately get what you pay for... :D

I was like yourself , got a cheap reel, it didnt even last for one Skate, then got the bug, then got a decent reel, allbeit secondhand.... :D

But, if you are going out with Davy, you wont need gear, Unnaproachable he may be.. :rolleyes: ..but he has all the right gear..... :D :

/cgi.ebay.co.uk/Penn-International-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

What about this one...might have a go myself.... :D

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Penn-International-I...1QQcmdZViewItem

Or this one.... :D Gawd, better stop this ,or I wont be going to Dartmouth....beer money all gone on a reel.... :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/