Bomber Lures

Ken L

I'm trying to track down a UK lure suplier that sells 6" Bomber Long A lures at a sensible price.

Can anyone offer a suggestion ?

If Barlows can supply them at $4.99 each in the States, it kinda grieves me to be asked to fork out almost £9 per lure in the UK.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

£4.99 on Ebay, not sure if they are 6" or not.
Sadly no, they are the smaller size.

i got several of harris half price bargain a few years back but that was when harris was worth going1 dont know if they are worth trying.

So did I, but now I've only got a couple left.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yup. $4.29 - $5.99 (£2.41 - £3.36) depending on size, diving depth, color from Here

We can use the money so why not order from your cousins across the pond?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

why not order from your cousins across the pond?

The basic problem is that for small orders. the cost of P&P offsets any potential saving on the per unit price.

Larger orders over come this but attract 17% VAT plus a "handelling charge" of about £10 per package. I'm always wary of this because a couple of years ago, I placed a big order with Cabelas and they posted it in three separate boxes, each one of which got taxed and each one of which attracted a "handelling charge". The whole thing ended up costing me more than it would have in the UK.

I had a dig arround last night and managed to pull together half a dozen various minnows of about the right size and a couple of 6" Long A's. I've also just got 3 or 4 jointed 6" Long A's from Tacklebargins for £4 each. I should get buy with these for my upcomming trip.

I guess I'll just have to sort out an order in the new year and get it delivered to one of my brothers mates so he can bring it over on one of his infrequent returns to the old country.

Im sure if you asked nicely you could" find a friend in the US" who could post you some as a "present" therefore avoiding all the extra charges etc. You could always reciprocate by sending your US buddy some thing he has trouble getting on his side of the pond...........PVA bags spring to mind!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!