Best Eating Fish?

Westie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a grilled sole. Fresh herring fillets cooked on the boat straight away can't be beat, but it's one of those things that only happens a few times in your life. Dabs are nice. Whiting fillets (must be fresh. taken from the fish as soon as you have despatched it.) floured and flash fried. Turbot strips, marinaded for a couple of hours in olive oil and lemon then barbecued on skewers with red and green peppers and pineapple. Conger cooked in a parsley sauce served with heaps of mash and vinegar.

Fish I am right off these days, Bass and bream, The wife calls them fishy tasting fish??????? Dogs and flounder.

If we're going down the smoked haddock line shaun a fresh Arbroath smokie will take some beating!!

Matt

i make soup with arbroath smokies, just ordinary lentil soup and add the stripped flesh from a couple of smokies, mmmmmmm!!!!

in kenya last year we had our lunch cooked on the boat every day by one of the deckies, we had wahoo, kingfish (spanish mackerel) yellowfin tuna plus bonito

the kingfish and wahoo were the best, superb.....

fishing010.jpg

unfortunately we didn't get a dolphin/dorado but i have eaten it too and it is very nice also

Edited by Happy Dude

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Catfish are lovely,John Dory are my fav dont get them very often ,smoked Haddock made into Cullen Skink served with fresh brown bread :rolleyes:

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Cod,fresh mackeral and Craster Kippers :D:D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I have to say considering cod is nearly all I fish for at this time of year I'm not really that keen on it. I find it doesnt really have much flavour, much better of with haddock but catching them is a royal pain, only ever managed it on a charter boat from Stonehaven.

Plus been originally from Grimsby and although we're famous for catching cod you dont see it in the chippers its always haddock, as my old man says (who worked the trawlers for many a year) people who know fish ... eat haddock, those who dont, eat Cod.

hully gullies eat cod but lets face it there ' just not human' are they!! (joke)

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Cod,fresh mackeral and Craster Kippers :D:D

snatcher, bet the herring for your kippers weren't caught at craster.....

mind you, all the haddies for arbroath smokies come from peterhead :blink:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif