Living the good life !

Norfolkdipper

The dyke gives access to Rockland broad, crossing to the R Yare & the broads. MY section is overgrown & needs a real clean up. I hope to go visit again soon & will take & post a selection of pics, of the dyke & 'fishing pond', so all can see what needs doing.

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

Sounds like the dream Norfolkdipper! What more could a man want. Someone who keeps chickens was telling me that they don't keep pigs as well as there are a couple of transferable diseases, that whilst rare tend to be deadly. It's not something I know anything about but thought it perhaps worth a heads up. It might not be such a problem on a small scale.

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

Here's the work-party plan, as it stands right now

Workparty

10am-4pm or dusk. Saturday.

Free food & drink on the day.

Free fishing for a year to all that help on the day.

Job list

1) Clear banks of overgrown vegitation.

2) Cut back invasive species

3) Drag pond & dyke for 'snags'

4) Electro stun fish survey.

5) Replace platforms.

6) Widen both pond & dyke to 50' wide. ( If permission granted)

7) Mark out 'pegs', at 3 yards each = 130

8) Re-stock pond only, if needed, as dyke is 'naturally' stocked.

9) Move 'levy' back, 30ft.

10) Prepare concrete pad for 'angler's' shed, 40ft x 24ft.

11) Lay water house to pad for shed.

Finish Sunday if needed

As usual, plans can change!!!

Fishing is the most peaceful & solitary group activity a going. Every watewr is different every day, thanks for that as same would be boring....

Just a thought, the pegs seem to be a bit close together. A 13' rod will cover the distance easily

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Just a thought, the pegs seem to be a bit close together. A 13' rod will cover the distance easily

I totally agree. I'd definitely cut down the number of pegs. Many of us won't fish waters where the pegs are too close so that could cost you money. Additionally you've got the extra upkeep.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Here's the work-party plan, as it stands right now

Workparty

10am-4pm or dusk. Saturday.

Free food & drink on the day.

Free fishing for a year to all that help on the day.

Job list

1) Clear banks of overgrown vegitation.

2) Cut back invasive species

3) Drag pond & dyke for 'snags'

4) Electro stun fish survey.

5) Replace platforms.

6) Widen both pond & dyke to 50' wide. ( If permission granted)

7) Mark out 'pegs', at 3 yards each = 130

8) Re-stock pond only, if needed, as dyke is 'naturally' stocked.

9) Move 'levy' back, 30ft.

10) Prepare concrete pad for 'angler's' shed, 40ft x 24ft.

11) Lay water house to pad for shed.

Finish Sunday if needed

As usual, plans can change!!!

All that in 6 hours ,i would love to see the size of your whip!

You can will need a real road just to get the cement lorries to the prospective trench for the pad ,methinks your not really a realistic chap ,nor understand the physics of landscaping, i square mtr hole produces more than double that in soil that needs shifting somewhere ,lorries cannot function on unsupported earth so you will need a hymac and a couple of dumpers to transport the soil about.

You will need a proper trench to install water ,and the necessary warning fills ontop of it ,sounds like you will need electric as well ,armoured cable is blooming expensive and that needs wiring by professionals each end but that maybe another trench unless you can combine water and electric ,and both of them take the anglers shed into a different scene as it becomes a permanent structure requiring planning permission etc.

Its not so easy when it comes down to reality

I spent 20 years turning my bosses imagination into reality and it cost a fortune and a little more than six hours plus maybe sunday ,a bulldozer and two chaps and a digger were there for the first year permanently and that was just for an 18 acre garden construction and only a little pond!

Sorry for the jolt but planning is great fun but extremely easy ,large scale terraforming is expensive and long lasting and it will probably make you poor ,i couldnt afford the felt for the roof of the shed never mind the shed ,i cried redoing a 6x8 ft ones roof with 15 year felt ,mind you i cry easily over money

I am not trying to put your efforts down chesters1 style ,i spent a year full time helping restore the basingstoke canal and as i said 20 years restoring a garden ,experience shows me moving dirt = great expense ,moving wet dirt even more

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Chesters 1. If it was not for people like you to rain me in, I would have screwed it up completely. So don't feel you are offending me, you are helping. If I plan to big, I have the chance to bring it back. If I plan to small, I lose out. It does make me think the shed is to much & a couple of 'thunder boxes' will do. If you haven't used the links to see the site, PM me your email & I will send you details, tried to upload onto here but it wont allow it. The first dry day that comes along, I intend on going & taking photos to post on here, 6 yrs of being left alone has made a mess. A combination of posts on here & emails gives me a work party of 20+ people.

Thanks again

Chesters 1.

Dant

I have access to a private river bank on a farm at Postwick. Got caught out by the tide there, looked down & keepnet (1/2 full) was dry. Had to jump in & empty it a few yards out so the fish had water. Now I am looking at a farm quite near, water wise. So yes a really nice area.