First day out for a spell

Tigger

Good luck

Fished the R. Blackwater for four hours. Legered bread crust, flake (big lumps), worm and cheese paste. Trotted maggot and worm. I had one bite on legered crust in the chubbiest Mr Crabtree-esque swim you could imagine, and it produced a 3lb brown trout. Not happy with this and really, I should be. Next time I go fly fishing, if I get a 3 lb brown I will be beside myself!

Mike

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Fished the R. Blackwater for four hours. Legered bread crust, flake (big lumps), worm and cheese paste. Trotted maggot and worm. I had one bite on legered crust in the chubbiest Mr Crabtree-esque swim you could imagine, and it produced a 3lb brown trout. Not happy with this and really, I should be. Next time I go fly fishing, if I get a 3 lb brown I will be beside myself!

Mike

Three pound trout is good :).

I'm hopin' to get out myself tomorrow.

Three pound trout is good :).

I'm hopin' to get out myself tomorrow.

Well don't be nicking all the best pegs.

Them chubs was having it today. Best went five five. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Had a few hours on the Thames between Cricklade and Lechlade. Actually looks fantastic if you don't know how low it usually is. I think it's currently a medium sized river with a small river's fish stocks scattered around it. I fished lures, drop-shotting, but it was hard to find fishable holding areas - all the normal slacks are fast flowing, and all the new ones are shallow and full of debris. Didn't have a touch, but did have a nice walk in the sunshine!

Well don't be nicking all the best pegs.

Them chubs was having it today. Best went five five. :)

NIce one Brian :).

I was up on your river this avvey, I had a barbel on for about 5mins but I put a lot of pressure on it and that combined with the fast/ powerfull flow where I was must have caused the hook to pull. I did catch several chub and lost a trout as I reached out to get hold of it.

The river was about 20 inch which made the spot i'd chose difficult to fish, I had to wade out as far as poss then cast another 25 to 30yds and then hold the rod high. If we have no rain over the next few days and it drops 6 inches then it would be sound. I'm deffo going to try and get out at least once more before the closed season.

march9chub1.jpg

march9chub2.jpg

march9chub.jpg

Had a few hours on the Thames between Cricklade and Lechlade. Actually looks fantastic if you don't know how low it usually is. I think it's currently a medium sized river with a small river's fish stocks scattered around it. I fished lures, drop-shotting, but it was hard to find fishable holding areas - all the normal slacks are fast flowing, and all the new ones are shallow and full of debris. Didn't have a touch, but did have a nice walk in the sunshine!

At least you got out and had some fresh air Steve, better than festering on the couch bud ;) .

I had a very similar experience on Friday. Found some very likely spots but they were - or appeared to be fish-less.

Not even any silvers, just a three pound brownie!

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."