Fi Shing Licence..

solaris

Are you suggesting that there is a bias towards the south? Look no further than the Tyne, from one of the dirtiest rivers in the country to the cleanest, there are many more examples as well, but I guess you really know that anyway :)

no i didnt know that but usually when EA is mentioned it is with southern waters

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it not possible for the owner of an enclosed lake/pit/pond etc to opt out of any EA involvement?

As "Pitbull" says, why do you need a license to fish in your own backyard (even if it is a big backyard) ?

Remember this...if you are caught without a license then you get a CRIMINAL record....can't possibly be right surely?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

As "Pitbull" says, why do you need a license to fish in your own backyard (even if it is a big backyard) ?

Remember this...if you are caught without a license then you get a CRIMINAL record....can't possibly be right surely?

Den

I'm glad someone sees my point of view.

BTW when you say Pitbull if you are referring to my avator its not a pitbull. He is a Bull Terrier owned and bred by my kennels and is known throughout the world and has sired many champions and Int Champions all over Europe and America.

cheers

Tigger

Personally I resent paying for a licence, principally because virtually every other sport, pursuit or pastime goes cap in hand to the treasury for subsidies while we are instead expected to subsidise something which is a core function of government. Besides that, it raises peanuts, is expensive to administer and enforce and is a totally unnecessary hassle.

I've just filled up the car; that cost more in tax than a licence does. It's a fraction of a month's council tax and compared to income tax it's very small potatoes. I don't like to think about what proportion of the tax I pay is spent on services I never use, so it seems a bloody cheek to then tell me I have to pay separately to fund the EA's fisheries function. It's like buying a new Jaguar, paying well over the odds, and then having the car dealer stop you on the way out to demand 50p for the key fob.

Fund the EA properly in the first place out of general taxation and forget about the fishing tax. It's a nonsense.

Despite all that I still have one and will continue to do so for as long as I'm legally required to. If we do have to pay, we should all cough up.

I resent being made to pay for services that I dont use! take for instance the bin men. In my area we have to put our rubbish in plastic bags (that we have to supply ourselves incidently) these are collected once a week.Cant put them outside due to animals ripping them open so if you leave them in the house they stink! so you end up taking them to the tip in the first place! At least with my fishing licence I actually use it and I have a choice (in as much as wether I fish or not) in buying it!

Can see what Steve is saying about others not paying for what they use and relying on the Government to pay for it (er for that read us the tax payer) Bleedin cyclists dont pay for their cycle paths,lanes etc do they? Other water users ie cannoists,sailors dont pay monet to the EA do they?

No I think we should as anglers pay for what we use but then again so should every one else........then our general taxs might not be so high.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Tigger.

Firstly, anglers buy their rod license because it is against the law to fish without one!

The small price paid for your license helps the Environment Agency look after the countries rivers and water courses. Improvements are made to waters, waters are stocked. With the assistance of the EA, many fishery owners improve their fisheries in turn making the whole fishing experience more pleasant. Without license revenue we would be fishing understocked and lifeless rivers.

Don't forget, the EA monitor the environment too. If a factory discharges a noxious material to a waterway, the EA are rapidly at the scene to investigate and advise, they also assist a great deal in preventing further fish deaths.

You are not alone when you say you don't bother buying a license, there are many others like you who feel they don't have to buy one or don't see why they should.

As a warning, the EA are targetting non license holding anglers and are clamping down heavily on those they catch.

Expect to have your tackle confiscated, receive a hefty fine.....oh yes, and a criminal record. I wouldn't think about threatening the bailiffs with violence or indeed carrying out your threats. You will be charged as a common criminal.

Is all that worth it just for the price of a rod license?

If you think it's worth the risk, go ahead, but please remember to let us know what penalty you had to pay when the EA catch up with you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

before i start i have had a license since i was 11 (brought it a year early by mistake) i use to resent the old system as even as a junior it cost me more than i pay today for licenses in two different areas (i lived on the borders of thames and anglian. Personally i would like to see a lot more bailiffs checking for those that dont pay, not just on the day ticket or free stretches they seem to concentrate on. most who dont buy fish for clubs . I use to match fish and fished a cpl of nationals some anglers had the audacity to attempt to fish these without rod licenses??? and deserved everything they got . best one was when overall winner was disqualified ,fined and lost his tackle through not having a license, i dont think he will repeat that

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Tigger.

but please remember to let us know what penalty you had to pay when the EA catch up with you!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You would'nt be trying to aggrevate me with your remarks and lol 's would you?

I think you should go to bed mate it's school tommorow and you don't want to be put in naughty corner now do you Snow white?

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

Assuming the prices remain stable next year, I calculate Jan & I will each need two of the 8-day licenses at £8.25 each so around £25 if we buy them online which seems the most reasonable option.

I'm assuming that the 8-day price noted Here applies to non-residents as well as residents.

Seems a very reasonable sum to me even though £25 is $43 in real money. Slightly less expensive than if any of you came to North Carolina and bought short term licenses here to cover you for two weeks fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry to disappoint you mate but I'm well beyond school age.

Why should I be put into the naughty corner?

It's you, by virtue of not bothering with a license who should be made an example of. Just geta license and stop gloating about not having one, that's if you really are an angler????