George Best, He's Not Dead Yet?

Tog

Now I'm not one who is easily 'shocked' by the media, But I find the current circus outside a London hospital distasteful - more so than any jokes about his predicament (many of which, to me are very funny!).

I was listening to the radio this lunchtime and thought I was listening to an obituary - but no it was just a intro to a piece with the old NI team captain - but it was all 'past tense' & I thought - hold on he's not dead yet!

It all reminds me of the Python – ‘bring out your dead’ sketch.

So how do others feel about the media's fixation with the death of a very sick man? (Ignoring or not the fact he brought it on himself).

And does the fact that he’s likely to cough, just when we have just got 24Hr drinking not have a touch of irony about it?

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I find it disgusting that the media "Vultures" are gathered outside the hospital just waiting for him to croak.

I wouldn't be surprised if the more insensitive type of journalist has not already remarked to a colleague "I wish he'd peg it, it's bloody freezing, standing round here all day"

I feel for his family and visitors, yesterday as they entered the hospital (obviously in a state of upset) they were subjected toa barrage of flash bulbs by the unfeeling bastards (I make no apology) loitering outside.

We all know he is very close to death, why can't they do the decent thing and give him and his family a bit of dignity and space until his time to go comes. :angry:

I find it disgusting that the media "Vultures" are gathered outside the hospital just waiting for him to croak.

I wouldn't be surprised if the more insensitive type of journalist has not already remarked to a colleague "I wish he'd peg it, it's bloody freezing, standing round here all day"

I feel for his family and visitors, yesterday as they entered the hospital (obviously in a state of upset) they were subjected toa barrage of flash bulbs by the unfeeling bastards (I make no apology) loitering outside.

We all know he is very close to death, why can't they do the decent thing and give him and his family a bit of dignity and space until his time to go comes. :angry:

He loved the attention then, so what's the problem?

I don't have a problem with it all. By definition you are one of the people the media are appealing to otherwise you wouldn't have watched it. So they are providing the public with what they want. To be honest I can't believe he'd give a monkeys even if he were well enough to appreciate it. If nothing else it shows that people are interested and probably quite a few care.

Rob.

I don't have a problem with it all. By definition you are one of the people the media are appealing to otherwise you wouldn't have watched it. So they are providing the public with what they want. To be honest I can't believe he'd give a monkeys even if he were well enough to appreciate it. If nothing else it shows that people are interested and probably quite a few care.

Rob.

Rob, I dont watch tv unless there's a match on or boxing and fishing. ;)

I know the result from the internet forums.

I loved the man as a footballer and heard he was a great bloke (without the booze) but what I'm getting at is he courted the media so nothing has changed there then. :rolleyes:

in life as in death, he courted the media, without whom, nobody would have heard of him. it might not seem respectful to crowd outside the hospital, but that's what the worlds audience expects these days

Its a shame that the poor soul who in good faith donated thiere liver after death in order to to alow him to trash even more of his organs didnt get a bit more recognition!

All the same a sad end for a great sportsman,

And yes I Know that is disrespectful, But Its the truth all the same.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Its a shame that the poor soul who in good faith donated thiere liver after death in order to to alow him to trash even more of his organs didnt get a bit more recognition!

All the same a sad end for a great sportsman,

And yes I Know that is disrespectful, But Its the truth all the same.

could not agree more mate! ok in his young days he was a bloody genius! but the rest of his life he was a bloody joke! just staggering around treating peaple like sh*t and basicaly doing wot he wanted, riding on the back of his former glory!

think all this national morning is way over the top!

I switched on BBC News to find out what was happening in the world today, sadly they decided to concentrate on a sad subject which had already been done to the limit and beyond for weeks.

but that's what the worlds audience expects these days

I think on many occasions they totally misjudge the viewing public, once again today everyone I spoke to were fairly disgusted with all the media attention to a very private situation.

You say he craved media attention but I would say it was the media exploiting his fame more so.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

[quote

think all this national morning is way over the top!

In your opinon. but please can you wait till after his funeral before you start to slag him off, and yes he was no saint but many of us want a momnet to remember him as we loved him, as a footballer.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/