New Total Fishing Series

Phil Adams

Im not a fan of the original series mainly due to the magazine style of program. I watched this new series last night hoping that it would be better.

Matt Hayes and Mick Brown were fishing at a well known commercial fishery for the main part of the program. I was pretty shocked by the quality of the fish they caught. Most had mouth damage, along with split fins and one looked as though it had ulcers.

I dont fish commercials myself, and see this to be another reason not to.

We all hook fish and play them till they are landed, and I accept that this can take its toll. Im OK with that, but I was very unhappy seeing what I saw.

As a side note, was it me or did the program look to be made up of "extras" from the Great Rod Race and Record Breakers?

Just my thoughts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a fan of the original series mainly due to the magazine style of program. I watched this new series last night hoping that it would be better.

Matt Hayes and Mick Brown were fishing at a well known commercial fishery for the main part of the program. I was pretty shocked by the quality of the fish they caught. Most had mouth damage, along with split fins and one looked as though it had ulcers.

I dont fish commercials myself, and see this to be another reason not to.

We all hook fish and play them till they are landed, and I accept that this can take its toll. Im OK with that, but I was very unhappy seeing what I saw.

As a side note, was it me or did the program look to be made up of "extras" from the Great Rod Race and Record Breakers?

Just my thoughts

Just the same old stuff. Matt Hayes is in danger of becoming fishing's Jamie Oliver. Low on content, irritating mannerisms and talking down to his audience, but for some unfathomable reason, never off the bloody screen.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Its was ok. I liked the bit where they where running around with bushes! Im going of Matt he seems to be geting boring,I like Mick Brown he seems to love every fish he catches. And some of it seems abit patronising (not sure of spelling!!) Id love to see a good pike series with just Mick Brown or with Mick Brown talking to Matt as if he dosent Know anything about fishing!! (Like matt seems to do to mick)

Edited by josh

oi oi well i for one enjoyed it much better than all his repeats. as for mouth damage it's what you get from commercial's i think mick should push him self more rather than play matty's stuge but hey i dont suppose he's botherd as long as the cheques keep going in the bank.

instead of finding fault's enjoy it for what it is god know's when we will get another NEW series. :angry:

or turn it off. ;)

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

i thought the new series was much better than the old, far less tacky and looked like it was filmed in this decade unlike the first series that looks early 80s. Matt is a little patronising but i think the reason that he's still all over the box is that the younger generations consider him a legend, not my opinion and its a shame that non of them will ever appreciate the romance that fishing is about e.g. a passion for angling, instead its all about catching and mr hayes delivers for the kids.