Dungeness

five bellies

Have been tied to my new house all summer doing refurbishment, She who must be obeyd has siad becuase of me being a good boy I can go fishing. I realy fancy Dungeness firstly Is it worth the fuel from london at the moment? secondly if not ,any sugestions on currently productive venues on that stretch of coast? IM a realist and can gather from some of the threads that its a bit hard all round in the south east.

Thanks in advance,

FB

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some local guys there, and they say only whiting and the odd dab. Dengemarsh is the same. No valid reports of any Codling. Only hoaxers, trying to boost the bait trade by whipping up a frenzy about big cod. Those days are long gone, but some people never give up do they?

One thing I am not is a hoaxer. I live in east anglia. I've got no interest in dungeness, dengemarsh or the bait trade in that area.

When I say VERY good authority, thats exactly what I mean. If I didn't believe what I'd been told, I wouldn't have posted.

I dont believe any reports! nowadays, unless seen caught with ones own eyes i treat them all as a sales ploy for bait and tackle dealers, especially on the internet! they must think we are so gullible? maybe some are??????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Ooops! Best not to post reports that cannot be verified then, we are a bunch of sceptics, based on years of experience. Not easily fooled us lot. Don't go off in a huff though, not worth it.

Take it on the chin mate.

Now if you gave us a photo and a name, we might have believed you.

One thing I am not is a hoaxer. I live in east anglia. I've got no interest in dungeness, dengemarsh or the bait trade in that area.

When I say VERY good authority, thats exactly what I mean. If I didn't believe what I'd been told, I wouldn't have posted.

:D I have just received a photo of a 27lb 2oz cod caught from the beach at Dungie. Unless it was caught by boat and brought ashore and posed it looks real enough to me. I also have a name and phone number. :rolleyes:

Edited by Norm B

Any pics

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!