Dungeness

five bellies

im probs gonna get banned for dis bt jus reading these posts has realli p*ssed me off

maidstonemike wtf do you know, you wanted pictures to prove it and when you got them you still dont believe it, wtf is your problem

you actually think you know everything, u prick

i really cant believe you, jus listen to yourself

Simon, put your dummy back in son, and see if you can enjoy a debate without resorting to bad language. It only shows you have no answer except swear words.

Once you lower yourself to that level, you have lost the arguement.

Now, a photo doesn't prove anything, it doesn't prove where it was taken, or on what day,what beach or if the fish was taken to the beach after being caught on a boat. There are lots of people out there who want to con you. I don't take things at face value. It would be great if gigantic Cod where once again being caught off Dungie beach, but look at the facts.

Firstly, is it very likely in view of the weather, the sea temperature, the vanishing Cod stocks? No.

This is an enormous Cod, The chances of this being true are so remote you have to be very sceptical

I am only saying that as far as I am concerned, I do not believe it. I am free to make that choice based on 47 years sea angling.

You are completely at liberty to believe it, that's no problem to me. I certainly wouldn't feel like swearing at you for believing it.

Edited by maidstonemike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads thanks for the info,

I had no idea such a inofensive question would whip up such a frenzy of oppinion, thank you again for the effort all the same .

Kagger, please don't stop posting over a differance of oppinion mate.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I knew my memory was not that bad ;):D Dungeness was a mecca I never reached during that period.

Hurst Castle and Chesil were my best shots and even though I never made headlines I did have a few good codling.

Used to catch a few from the Bournemouth bay beaches, Scotty would know if they still put in an appearance now days.

Hiya Ken, hope your well mate. Can't remember the last time I heard of a cod coming from one of the Bournemouth beaches, maybe you had the last one :P , the only places around here you are likely to catch one would be like you said, Hurst Castle, Hegisbury Head or Chesil, abbotsbury usally turns up a few doubles each winter, but they are mainly codling.

I've never fished Dungeness, but have heard it holds some great specimens. My mate had a 11.5lb bass from there a couple of years a go. Judgeing by the picture it shows a striking resemblence to chesil???

Scotty

Edited by Scotty T

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hiya Ken, hope your well mate. Can't remember the last time I heard of a cod coming from one of the Bournemouth beaches, maybe you had the last one :P , the only places around here you are likely to catch one would be like you said, Hurst Castle, Hegisbury Head or Chesil, abbotsbury usally turns up a few doubles each winter, but they are mainly codling.

I've never fished Dungeness, but have heard it holds some great specimens. My mate had a 11.5lb bass from there a couple of years a go. Judgeing by the picture it shows a striking resemblence to chesil???

Scotty

The good folk of Dorset, don't look as scarey as the Dunginess Banjo playing bods (Glad you dont know what I look like as im fishing there soon ) , but otherwise not that differant.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

The good folk of Dorset, don't look as scarey as the Dunginess Banjo playing bods (Glad you dont know what I look like as im fishing there soon ) , but otherwise not that differant.

Hello five bellies, yeah I never knew how similar it was to chesil, if anything it looks like dunginess may be a steeper bank.

Where are you fishing soon, chesil or dungy???

Scotty

Hello five bellies, yeah I never knew how similar it was to chesil, if anything it looks like dunginess may be a steeper bank.

Where are you fishing soon, chesil or dungy???

Scotty

I remember reading somewhere that just off the point at Dungie, it's 100ft deep 100yds out, mind you don't fall in!

My father caught a 17lb Cod at Dungie In the middle of August, neap tide, hot sunny day, on a string of mackeral feathers. One feather in it's mouth the rest wrapped up around the fish. Just goes to show there is always exceptions to the rules.

Along with Kagger I personally know the person on the beach at the same time this brut was caught and would put my life on it being correct. As for experience making you sceptical, I've been around long enough to know we have hardly a clue whats swimming in the sea at any given time. I've seen sun fish beached approaching 30lb (last winter Trimingham), seen a huge thing called an "oar fish" caught in the NE, weird looking thing. What does surprise me is that someone with 47 years "experience" discounts it out of hand. Given the fact that boats often catch 20's and bigger, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if one turns up off a beach, experience tells me that they will from time to time.

Along with Kagger I personally know the person on the beach at the same time this brut was caught and would put my life on it being correct. As for experience making you sceptical, I've been around long enough to know we have hardly a clue whats swimming in the sea at any given time. I've seen sun fish beached approaching 30lb (last winter Trimingham), seen a huge thing called an "oar fish" caught in the NE, weird looking thing. What does surprise me is that someone with 47 years "experience" discounts it out of hand. Given the fact that boats often catch 20's and bigger, shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if one turns up off a beach, experience tells me that they will from time to time.

I agree with Holmesy, a big percentage of marks always offer the odd surprise.

Scotty

oi oi i dont do sea fishing anymore sadly. but MAIDSTONEMIKE any chance you could wade out

just of the point at dungie let's say about 101yds just to prove your telling the truth cos i dont

belive you GO ON, GO ON. :lol::lol: idiot.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite