Edibility

LeicesterCarl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little onions:

Mini Onions and I read 'The Mousehole Cat' together last night, can someone please tell me what Morgy Broth is?

Sure it's not Moggy Broth?

Liquidized Morris 1000s?

[ 20. July 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

little onions:

... can someone please tell me what Morgy Broth is?

Certainly. A broth made using Morgy meat. It's the star-gaze soup that has me puzzled.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Aha! I see :confused: so......what's a Morgy, then?

Didn't know about star gazy soup, star gazy pie, is I think, made with pilchards leaving the heads sticking up through the pastry.

Fairmaids and scad....any ideas?

And Chesters, please no mediocre jokes about scad missiles! :rolleyes::D

Help me unhook these, please.

No mention of eels!

Jellied eels, not everyones taste but I was taught how to make them by my gran so I love em.

Cut a very fresh eel or two into 2 inch chunks, skin on. Just cover with water, a little salt and crushed black pepper, chopped parsley if you want . Simmer till the flesh is tender, pour the lot into a glass bowl then leave in the fridge overnight.

In the morning the liquor will have set, then you can eat the eels (with your fingers like a true Cockney) with fresh crusty bread.

Take a look at this though..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,...,977344,00.html

Smoked eel is now ranked as the third most sought after dish amongst the London trendies, just trailing after caviar and lobster but beating all other finned fish into a cocked hat with next favourite mega expensive swordfish ranked a low 6th. Salmon is dead in the water and ranks a puny 10th. Farming has killed off its reputation.

[ 21. July 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: rufus ]