Colder Seas

Leon Roskilly

"The Gulf Stream currents that give Britain its mild climate have weakened dramatically, offering the first firm scientific evidence of a slowdown that threatens the country with temperatures as cold as Canada’s.

The Atlantic Ocean "conveyor belt" that carries warm water north from the tropics has weakened by 30 per cent in just 12 years, scientists have discovered."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1898178,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

With the NAD running so close to us up here in the Western Isles of Scotland, the weather changes we have seen this year are pretty noticable - the Winter Gales (storms) are coming much earlier and more frequent, there seems to be a bit more rain also ..... going to be interesting to see what Winter is going to be bring.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

I'll put on my Likkle John's then. :blink:

North Sea frozen over, we'll all be Ice Fishing. :lol:

We can then Kick all Charter Skippers in the Ice Hole. :D Sorry B_C couldn't resist that one.

I'll get my Coat. :rolleyes:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Dont be like that john we arent that bad really .

looks like you might get to sea saturday they are changing the forcast all the time giving not alot of wind for the weekend now so fingers crossed you might be at sea mate, but i fancy you will need to get distance if you are wrecking with the storms we have just had the water will be murky inshore.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm going to buy millions of wooly socks and make a fortune on e-bay.

I'v just read the report. Would you believe it? Britain will get colder, and the rest of the world will get warmer. Just our luck. Let's all move out.

Form an orderly queue please, no pushing.

Maidstone Mike

"All move out" Not as mad as it seems. I work in the International Removal business. In many countries you can see a migration of peoples from the North to South. Scotland to the UK, Northern UK to the South UK, North American states to the Southern states.

This started before 'global warming' . As the modern world becomes smaller, thanks to ease of travel and communications, many people wish to live in warmer climates. Now, money / jobs permitting they can.

Edited by Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd