The numbers grow

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chippy,

Again, on the plastic jobs,you can fit water tight hatches for such items as your camera.

When useing a yak its a good idea to have a leash on most of your kit.

The saying is....RIG TO FLIP ........DRESS TO SWIM.

Although, I expect the inflatables have net storage on them,or pockets of some sort.

I can see your point about storage and carrige,

as with all yaks there are play offs, its what suits your personel needs and circumstances.

Cheers

yak

:)

Alan,

Of course Ill let you all know when the site is ready....via Elton The guy who is prepareing the the site has put a lot of work and thought into it.

will be a great help to a lot of people,and a permanent reference for safty in the sport,always there for people to gleen advice.

Be great to see some A.N. members there,.....and on the water :)

So how much is a canoe or kayak cos i might have a bash close inshore Mull of Galloway - how much is a decent life jacket!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Chippy:

Which reminds, me.  I read an interesting article on this months Dive magasine about an inflatable diving Yak ....

ROFLMAO - when I read the first sentence I tried to picture a 'diving kayak'. Mind boggling thought.

Although an inflatable would dive if you punctured it I suppose. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There was something hanging up in the marine fishing/tackle shop down at the harbour in Jersey that looked like a floating log. Chippy might like to take a look if he has not already done so.

I am going to stick to my beach rods, too much money invested already etc.

That is my excuse anyway :D:D:D:D

Snatcher:

i might have a bash close inshore Mull of Galloway -  

Hi Snatcher

Are you local to the Mull of Galloway or visiting?

Reminds me of a story from a few years ago.

On a spring tide, the Mull has a 6 knot tide race and even a moderate Southerley will create 6 ft high breaking waves.

I saw a canoe/kayak ( I don't know the difference)

in the race. Against my better judgement I went into the race to perform a heroic rescue, only to be told the Kayakist(does that sound right)was practising for a white water competition.

Scary, if you ask me

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Socksy Squirrel:

There was something hanging up in the marine fishing/tackle shop down at the harbour in Jersey that looked like a floating log.  

Is that in Iron Stores Marine? I'm might pop down and have a look.

The one I'd seen in the dive mag were made by Sevylor:- Dive Yak

I thought the little trap door was a cool little feature.

I reckon it would be great for getting into the little bays at the bottom of some of the cliffs on the north coast that are too tight for a conventional dive boat to get into.

Ian I have been holidaying at the Mull for about 8 years(bunch of drunken Geordie fishermen!) You even pulled our boat out of East Tarbet with your tractor one day cos we were stuggling. Have cracked a glass with you in the Ship before! Now own a static van at the Clash cos I love the place.Did you know that old Jackie McQuarrie is now wheelchair bound due to arthritis!What a character - never play him at dominoes for money!Up at the clash next weekend,fancy a bash at Ardwell back bay. We must have a pint or three together sometime matey.

Could fancy a days tope fishing with you lot sometime this year.When is the best time to give it a shot and do you provide the gear/bait etc.How far in advance do you have to book and what would be the cost for a days fishing?

See you up the Mull shortly mate

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy