Why Should Turban Wearers Get Away With It?

Guest Ferret1959

Oh and muslims don't wear turbans.

but our lot up the road wear funny hats ,strangley the ladies when driving wear burkas with even the "slit" having a net ,so at least wearing a turban gives you the ability to actually see where your going ,nothing in the dvla rules about restricted vision wearing a burka but your licence is gone if your glasses dont let you read that numberplate 70 whatever feet away ,hmmm

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
but our lot up the road wear funny hats ,strangley the ladies when driving wear burkas with even the "slit" having a net ,so at least wearing a turban gives you the ability to actually see where your going ,nothing in the dvla rules about restricted vision wearing a burka but your licence is gone if your glasses dont let you read that numberplate 70 whatever feet away ,hmmm

Ah now that you mention the burka how come some people are not allowed to wear hoodies and baseball caps in shopping centers?

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Bet if I wear a turban AND a burka I'd still get done for not wearing my seat belt. :)

Not just hoodies & BB caps...

College security ban on hijabs and hoodies

http://education.guardian.co.uk/higher/new...1649386,00.html

Clarification: Imperial College London has asked us to point out that

its dress code extends only to a ban on veils, hooded tops and other

garments that obscure the wearer's face.

Polly Curtis, education correspondent

Thursday November 24, 2005

The Guardian

Imperial College London has banned staff and students from wearing

hijabs or hoodies on its campuses as part of an effort to improve

security.

The college's management board approved the new dress code at the

beginning of the month. "Clothing that obscures an individual's face

is not allowed on any of the college's campuses," it reads. "Employees

and students should refrain from wearing clothing which obscures the

face, such as a full or half veil, or hooded tops or scarves worn

across the face." College officials said the move was part of renewed

efforts to improve security after the summer bombings in London. It

was also an attempt to combat theft and deter animal rights activists.

Security staff should be able to match a person's face to their

security card, the regulations read. But students are fighting the

dress code. This week they will debate and vote on a motion that would

amend it to allow hoodies and all religious dress.

Sarah Khatib, the deputy president of the student union who seconded

of the motion, said: "Students should not have to seek permission to

wear any religious item. We all understand that the college wants to

identify people, so we're trying to find a middle way. People have

happily accepted the fact that there is increased security."

They are also asking for clarification of the new policy, which they

say is ambiguous on the status of religious clothing.

A college spokesman said despite the wording of the code, people would

only be asked to remove a hooded top if it obscured their face.

how come some people are not allowed to wear hoodies and baseball caps in shopping centers?

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Humor me, Dave, but why in heaven's name would a shopping center ban wearing baseball caps? I don't go outside the house without one on my head. Only place it comes off is Church. :huh::huh:

Edited by Jan V

its no more inflamatory in stating that the blacks "rose" up nor that those of pakistani ethnenticaty "rose" up a few moths ago against the blacks! the only difference is the remark was a supposition rather than a statement of fact as the other ones were ,"rising" up happens all the time no doupt it will happen again even in the uk

hoodies and caps are easy to ban their essentially not a religeous statement ,the other bannings though will result in sackings (to save face) of the security guards (or a swift appology) on religeous grounds

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Ferret1959
Humor me, Dave, but why in heaven's name would a shopping center ban wearing baseball caps? I don't go outside the house without one on my head. Only place it comes off is Church. :huh::huh:

I really don't know why they are banned as I never understood the reasons?

A security thing I reckon but why just hoodies and BB caps amazed me.

its no more inflamatory in stating that the blacks "rose" up nor that those of pakistani ethnenticaty "rose" up a few moths ago against the blacks! the only difference is the remark was a supposition rather than a statement of fact as the other ones were ,"rising" up happens all the time no doupt it will happen again even in the uk

WTF have moths got to do with anything?

Show me the supposition...

What worries me is when the day comes for all Muslins to "up arms". What chance have we got against those who are prepared to die for thier belief?

It's race hate and if you can't see that then you really are as blinkered as you make out.

Guest Ferret1959
WTF have moths got to do with anything?

Show me the supposition...

What worries me is when the day comes for all Muslins to "up arms". What chance have we got against those who are prepared to die for thier belief?

It's race hate and if you can't see that then you really are as blinkered as you make out.

Muslins, ain't that a form of fabric? ;)

its not race mate ,being a moslem or jew or witch is a religeon ,and you say that moslems ARNT afraid to die for their beliefs :o or are the hard line chappies sweet talked into believing that their haversacks are full of sandwiches when they trot of to the tube :rolleyes:

99.9 % of any community ,faith or ethnic upbringing probably will be afraid to die but as with all people in "certain" circumstances will gladdly lay down their lives for far less than a score of virgins ,do you think all those millions that died in 2 wars actually care a fig what happened to the french or was it rather the fact that blighty was next on the list that made them sign up in droves :rolleyes:

or sprouts