Why Should Turban Wearers Get Away With It?

Guest Ferret1959

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because i have trouble breathing when I wear a seat belt.

The whole right side of my neck and face is stiff and the pressure from the belt presses against my throat.

It also makes me gag and heave.

Surly your seat belts are wrongly fitted.

Belts should not be that tight, neither should they cut across your throat. Maybe you need to get refitted.

Something is wrong, as they should pass over your shoulder, down past the lower part of your chest across to the locking mechanism. You should be able to move freely.

I think you`ll find that approx 80-90% of Muslims are actually peaceful and not in the left wing extremist sections, such as Al-Jihad, Abu Sayyaf, GIA, etc... are those who think everyone are "Infidels", and commit acts of terrorism.

Its the 10-20% that constitute all of the terrorist actions/murder/etc and are planning more right now.

I know several people that are Muslim and have been from birth, some Arab, some English and some Asian, but they ALL disagree with what the terrorists do.

No-where in the Qur'an does it say about commiting acts of terrorism, killing innocent people, nor does it condone murder, but it does say that you can do anything to protect your own property.

People need to get their facts right about Muslims and Islam before stating what they actually think they know or what they believe Islam and Muslims are.

Chanel :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

OK, joined this one late (sorry)

Not wearing a crash helmet on a motorcycle is dangerous, but then you are only likely to endanger yourself (bar pillion passengers) so in fairness it's his own fault.

Not wearing a seatbelt is something I wish could be left to the driver to decide. There are pros and cons. The first con is that in an accident there is a greater risk of being trapped in the car, something which happened to my Grandad on a car which caught fire - regardless of the law - he never wore a seatbelt after that I believe. Seatbelts also are responsible for some pretty bad chest, neck and shoulder injuries, some of which can be chronic (i.e. never go away).

Also with regards to cars, I believe a modern windscreen is much (much) less likely to shatter as you hit it, and in fact with most cars made within the last ten years, is unlikely to occur anyway with properly functioning airbags.

My reckoning is that the driver should always be comfortable, since he is in control. If that means not wearing a belt it should be his/her choice. Anyone in the vehicle under 14 should wear a belt, but anyone over should be entitled to choose unless the driver requests otherwise (after all, he has the keys, he can refuse to start the car if passengers don't do as told!).

The ridiculous exemption is taxi drivers - why the hell don't they need to wear a seatbelt??

Ian W

MP.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

It's not just one car it's all drivers side seat belts I have trouble with.

OK Ferret1959, was just wondering if maybe something could be done to help you.

I was once involved with the ministry, special fittings of safety equipment for disabled drivers, often complete rebuild of driving compartments, conversions that were almost impossible at times, with foot controls, steering wheels, seats etc etc. We got over most of the problems, seat belts were quite easy to overcome. However, these were for one car only, no use to anyone that drives several different vehicles.

Hope you can find a way to overcome the problem.