Coarse Fishing Would Be Even Better If....

The Flying Tench

The best time for fishing was on glorious summer days.

I think I read that a good time for mackerel fishing is on hot sunny days with the golden light reflecting off the wavelets. Never done it, but must be nice with a light spinning rod.

Having spent this afternoon on a wind and rain lashed river all for a follow from one small jack, I have to agree.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I think I read that a good time for mackerel fishing is on hot sunny days with the golden light reflecting off the wavelets. Never done it, but must be nice with a light spinning rod.

I spent a while living on the seafront in Aberystwyth. From my window I could see the mackerel arrive, wander down with the spinning rod and catch supper. Perfect!

I spent a while living on the seafront in Aberystwyth. From my window I could see the mackerel arrive, wander down with the spinning rod and catch supper. Perfect!

I can't see the bass arrive but i know there steaming in on every tide and their not only here in summer months their here all year round. I've caught them in january on freezing cold windy days. I don't mind the wind and the cold, it's the rain that spoils it for me. I only live 5 mins walk to the beach so i've not far to go home to get warmed back up.

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

I dont mind the rain so much its the wind I dislike.

Even though I love though warm summer dawns,dusks and nights I do also love cold,bright crispy winter days. Although great for catching fish in the summer I dont like dull days in the winter.Im quite convinced I suffer from S.A.D in the winter as mentioned in a previous thread.Definately a light thing.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I dont mind the rain so much its the wind I dislike.

Even though I love though warm summer dawns,dusks and nights I do also love cold,bright crispy winter days. Although great for catching fish in the summer I dont like dull days in the winter.Im quite convinced I suffer from S.A.D in the winter as mentioned in a previous thread.Definately a light thing.

Join the club! I've been wondering about this too, my mood etc starts going downhill as soon as the clocks change and the nights draw in lol, and I can be very up and down energy wise, hyper one minute and totaly lethargic the next.

A friends daughter was going through a very depressed state for weeks, until he got her a "light box". Its worked wonders in a very short time for her.

Weird init :blink:

I remember seeing a documentary on the effects and treatment of S.A.D and apparently shining a bright light onto the skin at the back of your knees ( apparently it`s at it`s thinnest there ) works wonders? ;)

Sounds really great. Could you cast in from the beach, or was there some kind of jetty?

A friends daughter was going through a very depressed state for weeks, until he got her a "light box". Its worked wonders in a very short time for her.

Weird init :blink:

Interesting; but what exactly is a light box?

john clarke

Some of the best moments that come to mind:

Early morning on the lake when a burst of tench bubbles comes up around your float

Summer evenings when those big carp start to rise.

Cold winter evenings on the beach, clear starry sky, with a bunch of mates putting the world to rights.

That excitement and anticipation of the first cast of any session.

And they say we're mad :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Sounds really great. Could you cast in from the beach, or was there some kind of jetty?

Interesting; but what exactly is a light box?

Its exaclty that, a box which radiates certain frequencies of light in order to give the benifits of the summer sun etc. It can also be set to come on gradualy in the mornings to give the feeling of waking up to sunshine.

According to my workmate it improved her daughters mood within a week, just spending an hour or so in the evenings and a short time in the mornings absorbing the light.