Guest NickInTheNorth

So what is Nick?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. So what is Nick?

• An Ar5e
    • A tw4t
    • A pill0ck
    • A good guy that got unlucky :-)

Take up smoking, it's a much safer and cheaper habit. If you do smoke give up drinking, because that will cause you more grief then a 100 fags a day.

I think i might get shot down for that statement, I'm off XXX.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is worth stating that no amount of drugs can make you test at 87mg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. Although it may possibly explain the blackout.

Still something strange about this one. Shame you are not rich Nick, a good lawyer might have got to the bottom of it. Where was your wife by the way?

Edited by Ian FG

Some reasonably recent (2004) information Here about alcohol and blackouts. Written in mostly layman terms so easy enough to follow.

Some of the information there contradicted what I Knew about the subject. Wouldn't hurt all of us to become better informed and from a few of the comments in this thread, some of us REALLY would be better off knowing facts before making pronouncements.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

nick got this from a uk site

Driving under the influence Points Maximum Fine Ban Prison Sentence

Driving under the influence Ban £5,000 Compulsary minimum 12 months Max. 6 Months

Under the influence in charge of a vehicle 3 to 11 £5,000 As for endorsable offences above Max. 6 Months

get a good barrister you may get the second one

Edited by pumphypete

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Don't know if you are a religious man but look here. John 8:7

nah he's a Geordie! Come on mate lerruz be honest hev yee nivvor dyun owt sackless when drunk?

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I have not commented before,but have sent pm to Nick.

Perhaps you should have a check up with your GP Nick,

I should think Nick is feeling (excuse me) "crap",he does not need insulting,he understands very well what could have happened,and is realistic as to the consequences he faces,perhaps we should remember he did not need to tell us all what had happened.I do not condone what has happened at all,I do not drink and drive.

Judith

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I wonder how many on here are over 45? cos I'm pretty sure if they are they will have been driving when it was almost acceptable to drive back from the pub. I certainly used to know all the back roads back to my house. The dangers havent changed but attidudes have. And as I said else I bet theres some that have done other pretty stupid stuff when drunk too.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Drive Home after a 'few' jars? I never gave it a second thought Dan, but as I said that was back in the 70's...

Hell, I even rode my motorbike home through the cheshire countryside after a good night out.

One further possibility is that Nick drank a spiked drink intended for someone else, (maybe female).

I take the point regarding drugs not registering as 87mg alcohol, but once under the influence of the drug who knows what Nick might have consumed and in what timespan.

I would certainly pursue anyone at that party and the hotel staff to ask questions.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I wonder how many on here are over 45? cos I'm pretty sure if they are they will have been driving when it was almost acceptable to drive back from the pub. I certainly used to know all the back roads back to my house. The dangers havent changed but attidudes have. And as I said else I bet theres some that have done other pretty stupid stuff when drunk too.

my bike knew its way home sometimes i woke up in the morning in the sidecar ,drinking and driving just a few years wasent excepted it was obligitory ,i knew every back road and alley too ,or my bike did i was too **** ,times change now its concidered a hanging offence maybe rightly maybe not i bet theres just as many people driving under the influence of drugs nowadays as drunks then with just the same outcome.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's a good point Chesters - Police do not have the technology (or most don't) to check for cocaine, heroin, even weed (which if you smoke enough will affect your driving), as well as pills like ecstasy. Also they cannot check for over the counter meds (and prescription drugs) which may also affect your ability to drive.

When the police do a blood level check for alcohol do they sample the blood for substance abuse OR potential spiking? My wife went out with two friends about a year ago and one ended up in hospital at 2am after having roofies put in her drink, so these things are NOT just urban legends.

Ian W