Bbc News - Boat In Trouble

bryan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's dreadful :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Bad news all round. Its no wonder that commercial fishing is one of the most dangerous jobs around. I recall this happened to a french boat of the lizard and all the crew were lost.

Grim.

The man thought to be trapped could have been in the hull since then, but the MCA spokesman was unable to speculate about conditions inside.

I guess many of us can speculate only too well what conditions might be like in there :(

Bloody fishing boats and christmas :( :(

On a positive note, I,ve no doubt the guys from the DeepSea Mission will be doing their usual level best to help out survivers:

"The Royal National Mission to Deep-Sea Fishermen supports fishermen, their families

and those connected with the sea regardless of race or creed."

Worth a thought.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Update from the MCA website dated yesterday 14th December

FISHING VESSEL SINKS ELEVEN NAUTICAL MILES SOUTH OF BEACHY HEAD - UPDATE

At half past one this afternoon, Dover Coastguard maritime rescue coordination centre called off the search for the last remaining crew member of the Belgian registered fishing vessel ‘Noordster’’ Z122.

The fishing vessel overturned eleven nautical miles south of Beachy Head at five o’clock yesterday evening after the nets became entangled with an underwater obstruction.

One 19 year old Belgian crewmember was able to get onto the upturned hull, where he was eventually spotted by a passing merchant vessel called the ‘Toledo carrier’ at thirty four minutes past eight this morning. He is now recovering in hospital.

There have been two bodies recovered and the third was seen to sink under the surface of the sea.

The fisheries protection vessel ‘HMS Severn’ is presently standing by the upturned fishing vessel until decisions have been made with regard to the salvage of the vessel.

Edited by tugmistress

Any loss of life is trgic but fishing accidents hit harder to us sport anglers. Seen two boat anglers drown in front of me in a rough winter sea which also overturned to inshore life boat :(

This happened years ago but I will never forget the incident. The sea takes no prisoners. My sympathy goes out to the families involved.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

OI OI MJB, IT PROBERBLY WAS THE CLOSEST I KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO CLOSE OR HAVE CLOSED (NOT SURE) THE TYNMOUTH STAITION & PEOPLE ARE SAYING OUR NEAREST STAION WILL BE HUMBERSIDE WHAT DO THEY KNOW ABOUT OUR COASTLINE THERE IS A LOT TO BE SAID FOR LOCAL KNOWLEGE, AS SOME ONE SAYS REGULARLY,

I BLAME THE GUVERMENT.

:angry::angry::angry:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite