Do I or don't I?

viney

It seems a lot for some fishing tackle but a top end pole will now cost well in excess of £2000 and I see loads of one and two year old poles for sale for half what they cost new.

A top end carbon fly rod can easily set you back £600 (£100 for the rod and £500 for the label)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Although I can see Rustys point, and it's very a persuasive one, it's the waiting that bugs me as much as the price. If I decide that I need a new bit of kit, (notice I said need, not want), then I want to be able to use it. Having to wait such a long time, often with extensions added, would drive me crazy. Plus anyone of advancing years like myself, would wonder if they would ever get to see it, never mind use it!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Well Chris has tipped me over the fence, going to give Mr Lythe a ring on my lunch and get a couple of reels ordered. The wait doesn't bother me at all as I don't NEED a new reel my Leeds is perfect for what I need, I WANT the Lythe and am fully aware of the wait involved. If I had to hand over cash and then wait 5 years I wouldn't be so happy!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Well I am now at the back of a five year long waiting list!

Five years now? That's getting a bit silly but at least you're on the list.

What did you order?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Five years now? That's getting a bit silly but at least you're on the list.

What did you order?

That's an estimate based on your 4 1/2 years? I've ordered a scotton long trotter and a barbel master, only thing concerning me now is if I will be able to bring myself to sell one when they are done (even more concerning is the thought of trying to explain spending £1250 on fishing reels to the better half)

I may have ordered one to unless Rusty is watching then I most certainly have not

Five years of has it come yet.

• Like 3

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Can someone explain to me, because I'm really stupid that way, why it takes 5 YEARS to get your reel? What is it that Mr. Lythe does that means he can't possibly get one to you before you've taken up golf?

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Can someone explain to me, because I'm really stupid that way, why it takes 5 YEARS to get your reel? What is it that Mr. Lythe does that means he can't possibly get one to you before you've taken up golf?

He makes all the reels himself on a manual lathe and has rather a large order book! The reels take 30 hours each to build (maybe more now as he is having issues with his back)

for years I said I'd order one I finally did this year ,I was going to before but decided to wait until this year too allow for the delivery time .I've orded one as a birthday present to myself for my 50th (where does the time go ,I was only 9 a few moments ago and whoosh ,I'm nearly 50 ) I'm happy with the wait time as I've other reels too play with .cost is relative there's plenty of other tackle/things in life that cost more ,and as a significant present to myself the cost is immaterial .and I expect too get my moneys worth of use out of it over the next 40 or so years of fishing I hope too have in me .

investment maybe but not monetary ,a investment in what has been a major part of my life so far ,and to come .a investment in the pleasure I'll have in using it .Insurance maybe worth checking out as will a fireproof document box/safe too keep it in (umm might just invest in a few ,to keep all my favourite reels safe in ) next time aldi have them in.

• Like 1

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve