Okuma Aventa Sheffield - I'm going in

Paul Boote

I don't know what it is about centrepin reels, i bought a Richard Carter Aerial Gem thinking one quality pin would last me forever. But since then four Adcock Stantons have joined it and i still haven't used any of the darn things! I just keep getting them out of the drawer, spinning them round for a bit then put them back. Occasionally i do attach them to a rod, stand back and admire them and then back in the drawer they go wrapped up in tissue paper and in their individual boxes. This summer i do intend to use them.......at some point :D

Tigger.

Where do you use the pin for ?

I use him for almost everything form carping with a float or short range [ 40 meter ] , trotting a crust downstream in search of big ide .

I findt a good pin so , yeah what i gift me something special about the fishing

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

I don't know what it is about centrepin reels, i bought a Richard Carter Aerial Gem thinking one quality pin would last me forever.

Tigger.

Been using a "match arial" I bought in 1968. Still nearly as good as it was then,between that and an ABU 501 (nearly 20 years old!) they cover about 95% of my light to medium float fishing.No probs.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Three Sheffields up for grabs in a Dangling Times competition this week. Pages 16 & 17. Martin Bowler, it appears, rather likes the reel too, but then......

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Three Sheffields up for grabs in a Dangling Times competition this week. Pages 16 & 17. Martin Bowler, it appears, rather likes the reel too, but then......

gwan paul, say it!

He's sponsored by Okuma and a few others. Reading a Martin bowler article seems to me like one long plug for his sonsors.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

gwan paul, say it!

He's sponsored by Okuma and a few others. Reading a Martin bowler article seems to me like one long plug for his sonsors.

He is the new Mat Hayes of angling sponsership.

Ok a plug (rapalla) here and there but not in every other Paragraph please.

I have the Okuma Aventa and love it.

Also love that it cost me 65 quid before Okuma banned traders flogging them on Ebay.

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I'd be curious to know what the wholesale price is. The Aventa was selling anywhere from £65-£89. I suspect that they were all making a good profit, some more handsome than others. The Okuma EB Pros are selling from £59.99 (with £69.99 rrrp) down to £39.99. Bet theres a good profit margin on those too. I got my Aventas at £65 and £68 and as already noted they were a steal.

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I had a near miss today. I'm entertaining the thought of buying a new Avon Quiver and a centrepin. I nipped to a local tackle shop at lunchtime for a sniff around and very nearly bought an Aventa Pro and a Drennan 1.5lb TC rod.

In the end, my tight git instincts took priority over new kit lust, as both items were up for virtually RRP, but it was a close call. :lol:

Edited by Steve Walker