Question for everyone

Davy Holt

Hiya,

Ok going on from my Posting on the Licence Thread, I would like to ask a couple of questions. If you dont mind could you take a couple of moments and answer them please :)

1. Are you a member of the NFSA ?

2. Are you a member of any Federation?

3. Do you think a single UK governing body is the way forward?

4. Would you join a National body that covered the *whole* of the UK ?

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davy Holt:

Hiya,

Ok going on from my Posting on the Licence Thread, I would like to ask a couple of questions. If you dont mind could you take a couple of moments and answer them please :)

1. Are you a member of the NFSA ? YES :cool:

2. Are you a member of any Federation? NFSA

3. Do you think a single UK governing body is the way forward? YES, I thought we had one.

4. Would you join a National body that covered the *whole* of the UK ? I did, don't I?

:D

1. Yes

2. Yes - for game,sea and coarse (also belong to one international outfit -IGFA)

3. If you are just talking about sea fishing - I agree with Norm B. However, on the wider stage of ALL recreational anglers, Well, if only.......

4. Same answer as for 3.

Yes, I know many have reservations that the NFSA mainly speaks for England and Wales - but if you want a voice, join and reform the outfit from within.

I had exactly the same feelings about IGFA, but the good things they do are more important than the issue of line-class records. So I am a member and seek to influence the rules from within.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

1 no (no scottish coverage)

2 no (sacn member)

3 yes (so all singing from same hymn sheet)

4 yes (? linked to licence????)

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

1. Yes

(I've been co-opted onto the NFSA Conservation Group, some bloody good blokes now also on the NFSA CG including SACN members Malcolm Gilbert, Tom Pinborough and Nigel Proctor!. The bloke we elected chairman of the CG, Richard Frerre, is impressive)

2. ?

3. Various angling organisations from all disciplines are working towards a Unified Angling organisation (Few understand the recognised Sport England concept of a governing body. We already have an organisation representing the Joint Angling Governing Bodies. The term only leads to confusion, meaning different things to those who know what it means, and those who think they know what it means, and those who think they know what it should mean!).

The Next 'Angling Summit' will occur in early February.

4 I'm already a member of several organisations aligned to the National Angling Alliance, and involved in discusssions that may lead to a more cohesive body.

5? Whatever happened to the European Angling Alliance ( http://www.eaa-europe.org )?

Tight Lines - leon

[ 27. December 2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

1. Are you a member of the NFSA ? NO

2. Are you a member of any Federation? NO

3. Do you think a single UK governing body is the way forward? YES

4. Would you join a National body that covered the *whole* of the UK ? YES

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

YES to all.

Its worth a few pound a year to try and resolve the problems, and that won't bankrupt anyone.

After all, we are only talking about a few quid per year, not a fortune, and i can't believe anyone these days are so hard done by that they can't afford it. OK, it's a gamble, but well worth the risk IMHO.

Davey

Q1 - No

Q2 - Yes, Chairman of SAA / individual member of SACN and NAFAC. Soon to rejoin ACA

Q3 - Yes, providing it embraced marine and freshwater angling and fisheries in a totally united package.

Q4 - Yes, I've been campaigning for Q3 for some time

Q5 - you didn't ask. Yes, I would support a small levy on ALL, including sea, rod licences to fund a new professional organisation.

Regards

David