yesterdays catch

abu7001

tuesdays catch for us out at southend on the boat girl mandy,was again pretty good,about 15 cod cought, biggest being about 5lbs,loads of whiteing some looked pretty big to me,all cod were cought on worm with the odd squid tip,but alas im still codless :( any tips??,anyways ive cleaned all my tackle up this morning,and ijust wondered whats the best way to clean up my multiplyers,i usually just run under the tap,then leave in a bowl of cold water overnight,and dry em out in the airing cupboard,i havnt yet oiled em as they've only been used 5/6 times,so am i doing it right :confused: .

I usually oil my multiplier after every trip. Not sure if it needs it but I've never had any problems so I'll keep on doing it :)

I usually get the whole thing overhauled once a year.

I don't know why but I've always looked after my multipliers more than my fixed spools. Fixed spools are just - well reels! Multipliers however are things to be admired and shown off :)

101_north

"""Fixed spool are just - well reels! """

Should I rise to the bait ? Um, maybe, perhaps, well YES here we go . . .

Multipliers are used by anglers with a missing fore finger and a small bra** ( sorry Leon ).

Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd:

101_north

Multipliers are used by anglers with a missing fore finger and a small bra** ( sorry Leon ).

Is that another rumour or do you know for a fact that Leon wears a Bra :D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Grant:

What sort of oil do you use for your multipliers?  Been trying to avoid WD or the like as it strips the oil out.

For boat fishing, don't bother with anything fancy. Fresh water rinse every trip, thin grease/thick oil once in a blue moon. Works for me! You can tell if it needs oiling if things start to go slower Beachcasting multipliers - now that's another story. Have to take them in to a garage to get them computer tuned these days, I hear.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

In the words of Mr Axel Rose 'wow wow wow sweet child of mine!!'

Whats this about people that use multipiers ??

Are you trying to suggest that we are all girls??

Please dont take this the wrong way but, this is a formal challenge...I would pretty much guarentee that using a multiplier, (unless your name is Mr McEllow) i could out cast most of you that were using a fixed spool, as long as it was tuned correctly!

Anyway...as far as oil goes, try AVOID USING WD40 AT ALL COSTS!!!! WD40 is not an oil, it is a degreaser! although, it will lubricate your bearings alot better than using nothing!!!

Not sure what leaving your reel in a bucket of water will do apart from rust your handle....

The best oil you can buy for your reel is 'TG's ROCKET FUEL' or similar, (prob available from your local tackle dealer) there are a few different ones you can get, but i tend to use the 'PENN FORMULA' one, even for my abu's. I tend to fully strip my reels down every 4-5 fishing trips, depending how much abuse they have taken...

FISHING: (fish'ing), the art of casting, trolling, jigging, or spinning, while freezing, sweating, swatting or swearing.

OAR: Clumsy wooden instrument used to moisten boat occupants.