What's it called and............

ayjay

It's OK for now, I've cheated. :)

post-1421-0-93214300-1401718734_thumb.jpg

I'm going to start touring the local junk shops though looking for old dog leads, I don't think anyone makes anything the same as my old one any more - it's probably too labour intensive to rivet a bit of spring steel to another bit of steel. :rolleyes::(

Have you tried a pet shop?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Have you tried a pet shop?

Den

No, but my guess is that they will only have the usual modern stuff available, the one below seems to be the norm for dog leads these days.

post-1421-0-19853200-1401743227_thumb.jpg

I'm not happy with the design on these for my purposes, I'm sure they work well with a dog on the end but I feel that it would be too easy for them to release accidentally the way I'd be using them.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

No, but my guess is that they will only have the usual modern stuff available, the one below seems to be the norm for dog leads these days.

dog-clip-swivel-hook.jpg

I'm not happy with the design on these for my purposes, I'm sure they work well with a dog on the end but I feel that it would be too easy for them to release accidentally the way I'd be using them.

I though they were for a camera strap what are you doing using it to do besides hang a camera on?

Size is dictated by the fitting on the camera mine are very small and the others merely a little stub with a round hole rather than a slot.

If you want a locking contraption a crimp of the correct size will slide over both the bottom part and spring by gravity locking it ,to unlock just pull the crimp up the spring

Ps anothers chesters1 bodge but probably patented long ago by a person thinking earlier than me ,not seen one though ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I though they were for a camera strap what are you doing using it to do besides hang a camera on?

Size is dictated by the fitting on the camera mine are very small and the others merely a little stub with a round hole rather than a slot.

If you want a locking contraption a crimp of the correct size will slide over both the bottom part and spring by gravity locking it ,to unlock just pull the crimp up the spring

Ps anothers chesters1 bodge but probably patented long ago by a person thinking earlier than me ,not seen one though ?

It is to hang a camera on, a camera with a large heavy lens.

I also need to be able to unclip it one handed, quite often, (one fingered is more usual) with my wrong hand, and without looking at what I'm doing. Many of the clips on offer don't meet this criteria for one reason or another, most of them require the hook part to travel further than makes it easy to remove, with many of them the finger actually releasing the clip gets in the way of what it's being unclipped from.

There needs to be no chance of it becoming unclipped accidentally, I'm rarely doing a walk in the park but more likely to be shoving my way in between gorse bushes, scrambling up and down banks or ducking under tree branches - I see these as potential problems for any clips with an exposed release button as pictured in post 13.

I'm extremely grateful for all suggestions, but I know exactly what I want, it's just a question of finding it: if it has to be second hand or from a junk shop that's fine with me. Most modern stuff is carp anyway, although I'm not sure how much quality would be associated with an old dog lead clip. :)

P.s. Ive seen the ones your after on mobile phone neck straps.

Mobile phones have necks?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson