Is spllenig imorpatnt ?

Guest @Winter@

Someone gon'a spit the dummy . . . :schmoll::lol:

I don't know about that, but I may well flounce - and it won't be pretty I assure you of that!

Think on. :unsure:

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very astute Mr Stubbs. It is not Burns, but it is the language that Burns wrote in. We call it Lallans.

I sometimes wonder what they have in Scottish stores instead of "greeters". You'd hardly want to be met by someone bawling their eyes out, would you? :D

Very astute Mr Stubbs. It is not Burns, but it is the language that Burns wrote in. We call it Lallans.

Careful, this is supposed to be a family site :2:

Geez!!!!!!!!!! I got it nearly right. What a plesant change! :yeah::yeah:

I tried learning Doric a few years ago when working for a company based in Inverurie. I emphasise the word 'tried'!

My housemate is severely dyslexic with a reading age of 9, as I've mentioned before. The problem only becomes apparent when she is filling in forms or reading a novel and comes across words with which she isn't familiar. It's flattering that she trusts me enough not to take the pi$$ out of her inability to read well.

How can I? She's got a degree in astrophysics behind her. I haven't!

It's true to say that jeremy Clarkson's articles in the Sunday Times got her reading for pleasure - she got fed up with me laughing aloud and having to read the 'offending' piece to her.

I understand she compensates for this by turning words into pictures so she effectively 'sees' rather than 'reads', she also consigns things to her long-term memory as part of dyslexia can be a failure of the short-term memory.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine