• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As in nafaik'in idea?

I say, Sirrah! :o

Who made the quotes stick?

I can see why the post has travelled for so long :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

As in nafaik'in idea?

I say, Sirrah! :o

No, as in "Not As Far As I Know".

:)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The Wershest Tear

Sittan, midnicht quaiet

in a place whaur memories

hae sic shalla ruits

wonderan whit wey I’m here,

sae faur frae whaur

I ettled, aye, ti be.

Thon’s the ache

that has nae sowtheran.

The worm in the hairt

that feeds on brucken dwaums,

ambeitions unfulfilled.

This, the wershest tear.

The ane that’s niver shed.

That seips intil the hairt

and gars the bluid rin cauld.

Some words are pure latin, some look Chaucerian English, but I reckon it could be Rabbie Burns's version of Scots - English.

That was purely a guess - but I imagined the voice of the actor, the late John Laurie, in mind and tried to picture him reading it. It seemed to work, so I reckon it's a bit of obscure Burns.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I agree that text speak is inappropriate on this Forum. However the reason is a practical one. I find it hard to understand - with the result that I all too often skip reading the post. This of course is the exact opposite of what the writer wants!

I also sometimes skip posts with long paragraphs or no lines between the paragraphs, especially if I'm tired. Sure, I may be missing some gems, but it's a price I'm quite prepared to pay.

Are there any other "old farts" like me?

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I agree that text speak is inappropriate on this Forum. However the reason is a practical one. I find it hard to understand - with the result that I all too often skip reading the post. This of course is the exact opposite of what the writer wants!

I also sometimes skip posts with long paragraphs or no lines between the paragraphs, especially if I'm tired. Sure, I may be missing some gems, but it's a price I'm quite prepared to pay.

Are there any other "old farts" like me?

Exactly right Steve :clap2:

Because of Dyslexia, I strugle to read at any pace, usualy half to 1/3 what appears to be normal, so to get 'text speak' on the forum, its like a fouren language to me, I dont bother. Great use 'text speak' on your phone, even understand the reasons why, just dont try to send me one, it wont get answerd :yucky:

From another 'old fart' :ph34r:

Some words are pure latin, some look Chaucerian English, but I reckon it could be Rabbie Burns's version of Scots - English.

That was purely a guess - but I imagined the voice of the actor, the late John Laurie, in mind and tried to picture him reading it. It seemed to work, so I reckon it's a bit of obscure Burns.

Very astute Mr Stubbs. It is not Burns, but it is the language that Burns wrote in. We call it Lallans.

I knew that. I was just being puckish. :yeah:

I am SUCH a wag!

Careful, this is supposed to be a family site :2:

BTW, less I be misunderstood. I was not claiming that text speak was suitable for posting on this site. IMHO it is not, but neither is it an abomination. It's place is in text messages.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Very astute Mr Stubbs. It is not Burns, but it is the language that Burns wrote in. We call it Lallans.

Careful, this is supposed to be a family site :2:

BTW, less I be misunderstood. I was not claiming that text speak was suitable for posting on this site. IMHO it is not, but neither is it an abomination. It's place is in text messages.

Someone gon'a spit the dummy . . . :schmoll::lol: