Can of worms. Fishy business.

Steve Coppolo

Simon Everet - Well said that man!

I'll tell you what, some of the tittle-tattle I see on these forums, (especially this one) makes me think theres theres defo only a few people who actually know what theyre on about and have anything worthwhile to say.

As for some of the rest of you - Have you nothing better to do?

Some of the sniping on this forum in particular is nothing short of pathetic, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Some people on here obviously just like stiring it from the safety of their PC, I mean this is the internet, nobody knows you so why bother. And if you do know each other then why argue on here, sort it out elsewhere and stop screwing up these threads I'm sick of wading through all this cack.

Anyway, rant over - like I was saying Well said that man...some sense at last.

:wallbash:

Edited by Rapala

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Everet - Well said that man!

I'll tell you what, some of the tittle-tattle I see on these forums, (especially this one) makes me think theres theres defo only a few people who actually know what theyre on about and have anything worthwhile to say.

As for some of the rest of you - Have you nothing better to do?

Some of the sniping on this forum in particular is nothing short of pathetic, and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Some people on here obviously just like stiring it from the safety of their PC, I mean this is the internet, nobody knows you so why bother. And if you do know each other then why argue on here, sort it out elsewhere and stop screwing up these threads I'm sick of wading through all this cack.

Anyway, rant over - like I was saying Well said that man...some sense at last.

:wallbash:

Thats a stunning bass Rapala, whats the story behind it if you don't mind me asking???

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

He was telling the truth, are commercial fishermen not allowed to approach their local MP, are they only there for anglers benifit ?

ANGLERS have criticised MP Nigel Waterson for speaking out against a government plan to restrict commercial sea bass fishing.

In last week's Herald, the MP said a government proposal to protect bass which are smaller than 45cm was unfair on local fisherman and that he planned to lobby Ben Bradshaw, the Secretary of State for the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).

If like Steve G the local fishermen are fishing along side French trawlers then the BMP is unfair on those fishermen, how can you argue that fact.

If there are several commercial bass anglers in that area, then I should imagine that every time one walks into that tackel shop the owner rubs his hands with glee, each one probably spends the equivalent of 20 hobby anglers.

Is that not a fact.

And I get accused of being bloody minded .

I fish to live and live to fish.

He was telling the truth, are commercial fishermen not allowed to approach their local MP, are they only there for anglers benifit ?

I am sorry to tell you wurzel and this may anger you? that in this case i know definitely much more than you do about this, the only way that what you have just quoted is true! must be down to memory loss, because me old mate i have his signature to prove it! signed sealed end of story, so stop blabbering! you do yourself no credit, and i mean that respectively cheers.......

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Well I disagree Stavey,

Why can't he do both, every body agrees that the bmp would be better if it included all European fleets and not just the UK, he could be justified to point that out to Ben Bradshore, does not mean he can't also see the anglers point of view.

Looks to me like he's being a what polictitions do best , says yes to every body.

Well I disagree Stavey,

Why can't he do both, every body agrees that the bmp would be better if it included all European fleets and not just the UK, he could be justified to point that out to Ben Bradshore, does not mean he can't also see the anglers point of view.

Looks to me like he's being a what polictitions do best , says yes to every body.

No wurzel, you may be getting hold of the wrong end of the stick, when someone talks to you and signs a piece of paper to prove it and then turns round and says that they have never talked to you ever before, what would you say that person was? other than the obvious answer it could only mean he has a mental problem or he is letting other people do his decision making for him, either way it proves that he is not capable of doing his job and he clearly needs telling so, and most important his constituents need to know as well, now do you agree???????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

If there are several commercial bass anglers in that area, then I should imagine that every time one walks into that tackel shop the owner rubs his hands with glee, each one probably spends the equivalent of 20 hobby anglers.

Is that not a fact.

No it's an assertion on your part.

Hello Stavey

We are getting at cross purposes here, there is no mention of a sighned letter in the artical, I can't see the relevance of it, sound asif it is between you and him, good luck, he's a polictition you will need it .

Hello johno

Are there no commercial bass anglers in that area?

I only do it for a short period , the rigs I use, 6 lures a side can soon eat up a box of lures , just catching fish on them tears the lures to bits so they need changeing regulary thats with out getting hooked up on wrecks and rocks. before learning to work the trolling arms we (the crew and I ) would wear out an ABU 7000 a season each.

No it's an assertion on your part.

It might have been, but based on a little knowlege.

ANGLERS have criticised MP Nigel Waterson for speaking out against a government plan to restrict commercial sea bass fishing.

In last week's Herald, the MP said a government proposal to protect bass which are smaller than 45cm was unfair on local fisherman and that he planned to lobby Ben Bradshaw, the Secretary of State for the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).

If like Steve G the local fishermen are fishing along side French trawlers then the BMP is unfair on those fishermen, how can you argue that fact.

Is that not a fact.

And I get accused of being bloody minded .

hi wurzel

here here to that

MP nigel waterson is entilted to his own view,

i think it is deplorable that just because nigel does not have the same view as anglers, they gang up like a pack of wolves so as to force there view on him

My EMP would tell them where to go he is supporting commercial fishermen and is doing alot of really good work for us

steve

hi wurzel

here here to that

MP nigel waterson is entilted to his own view,

i think it is deplorable that just because nigel does not have the same view as anglers, they gang up like a pack of wolves so as to force there view on him

My EMP would tell them where to go he is supporting commercial fishermen and is doing alot of really good work for us

steve

So it's Ok for your EMP to force your/his views on anglers, but not OK for anglers to promote their views !!