just played tug o' war

viney

A couple of corkers, well done!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well done Matt.

It's worth emphasising the effort you've put in to catch these fish, very well deserved.

Yep +1 agree with that

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Cheers guys :) Everything has kindve come together and worked really well, float rod still hasn't made an appearance again but my sessions have been limited to 9/9.30 starts until midnight. Looking for a new swim now to see if Ican replicate or whether it was complete fluke

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

Just picked up a second okuma for £50 delivered :) the trotting is taking a major back seat as my fishing is going to be limited to late evening trips into dark this year so I'm putting together a second maver/okuma combo to fish two rods into darkness as I feel I could be missing out on a fish or two. Plus I'm so impressed with how the two work together having a second set up would be nice anyway!

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88

I've looked at the korum nets but never used one, like I said that'll be the next net I do buy. I use a abu folding net clipped on my back or belt when trotting, much lighter and easier to carry.

I have a Korum spoon for about five years. I don't fish as often as you (12-14 sessions per year - nearly all river) but find it OK. my biggest gripe is the small screw that tightens up the arms of the frame into the yoke (or whatever it is called). it keeps coming loose which makes the arms a bit wobbly, and it nearly fell out once. I've since tightened it right up as hard as I could and glued it in and it is now firm and steady, but with the fish you put in it and the amount of use, you may encounter more rapid wear and problems.

although I like it I would consider a different net in the future and this Gardner one looks perfect. mind you, I only catch chub so I'll get a smaller one.

I did use a folder for a while, but the handle wasn't sufficiently long for some of the steep banked jungles that I fish.

However, it might be OK for the barbel farm/fish barrel that you go to. ;)

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

However, it might be OK for the barbel farm/fish barrel that you go to. ;)

Mike

Mike, I know it might look like they're easy to catch in my local rivers Mike, but your always welcome to come up and see how easy they are to catch ;) .