Beautiful China

Gillies

I got sent this link from a friend, I have no idea who took these photos, but I thought they were fantastic!

Makes me want to go to rural China to take some shots :-)

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~fj102/photo/b...ful%20china.htm

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Simply stunning Gillies!! Pity there are so few images there, he must have 100's like that, I know I would if I was there..:D

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Impressive group of photos of a truly amazing place.

Thanks for the link and thank your friend for putting them on the 'net.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Definitely have to agree with WOW

I saw a travel show on China once and they were saying how it has never been promoted as a touristy place to go to because it probably lacks a little in impressive modern architecture and cities etc and I imagine it is very poor and dirty and over crowded in parts, but certainly it's natural beauty is awe inspiring. Some of those shots might not come into the category of 'natural', obviously the grooves in the hills are man made but it shows a pratical use of resources and is still exquisitely beautiful. I thought the shot with all the homes grouped together in the valley of the hill was interesting, wouldn't they be vulnerable to flooding like that, or even fire!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

They are indeed great pictures However some appear over sharpened for my liking and they would be even better if they had been less drastically post processed, I feel.