A Question about the Defra Bass Consultation

Jaffa

So the BMP is presented to Defra and they are told that the BMP is what the supporters of it would like to be implemented.

Defra contact the SFC's and inform them of the proposed document and its contents.

The various SFC's throughout the country respond to that in various ways, some will support the majority of the plan, some will oppose the majority of the plan, all will comment on the BMP on how it will impact on the area of their SFC and how they would prefer to be the masters of their own destiny and produce local law as applicable to local conditions.

The supporters of the BMP want the plan adopted nationally and they want Defra to do that.

Now just suppose that happens, is that consultation and an ability of local CFC's to determine local law or an imposition of national law overriding local opinion. Local opinion would not be taken into account in that situation so where is the give and take in local negotions in that, none I would contend, so in that respect I stand by my thought that this is a national plan to be imlemented over the heads of the SFC's and that in that case consultation is meaningless.

As to the running of the SFC's , I have read the link, I read it when you first published it and nothing in there says anything about corruption or about CFC's being bent. If you or anyone has any information to back up those allegations then please publish it or withdraw those allegations.

Strange is'nt it how the person who made the allegation of SFC's being bent can't substansiate them

I dont give a monkeys mr carragher, you have read the report and so have i! i have passed my opinion on what i read and my conclusion! and as far as i am concerned i stand by what they are? i dont have to offer you or anybody any thing to substansiate my conclusions, sfc's are a joke even now! you ask any of the one or to new appointed rsa representatives, at best all they can do is monitor the situation they are still out numbered by atleast 7/1 on all sfc's and untill there is an equal playing ground they will remain a joke.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good! as we all know how bent the sfc's are brian.

I dont give a monkeys mr carragher, you have read the report and so have i! i have passed my opinion on what i read and my conclusion! and as far as i am concerned i stand by what they are? i dont have to offer you or anybody any thing to substansiate my conclusions, sfc's are a joke even now! you ask any of the one or to new appointed rsa representatives, at best all they can do is monitor the situation they are still out numbered by atleast 7/1 on all sfc's and untill there is an equal playing ground they will remain a joke.

So come on then and do us all a favour and use all your knowledge and expertise and name the SFC's that you say are bent.

If you can't do that then withdraw your allegations, its very simple really, to use a phrase that's currently in vouge, all you have to do is put up or shut up

I didnt see anyone saying they are bent, just that they are a joke!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

So come on then and do us all a favour and use all your knowledge and expertise and name the SFC's that you say are bent.

If you can't do that then withdraw your allegations, its very simple really, to use a phrase that's currently in vouge, all you have to do is put up or shut up

Before i answer any more of your questions brian carragher what exactly are you a commercial fisherman? an ex commercial fisherman? a son or any relation of a present or ex commercial fisherman? etc etc etc

All the above examples if you do a bit of homework? you will find make up the majority of sfc committee members with these sort of connections with the fishing industry, all i am is a chap who likes a bit of mullet fishing. how about you?

Edited by stavey

Stavey

You have made the allegation that SFC's are bent, now you have the chance to substansiate your allegations and I'm sure we'd all like to know what evidence or proof you have to make those allegations.

Strange how one man with an agenda can ruin a thread that before his posting was going along nicely without any animosity or discord

Stavey

You have made the allegation that SFC's are bent, now you have the chance to substansiate your allegations and I'm sure we'd all like to know what evidence or proof you have to make those allegations.

Strange how one man with an agenda can ruin a thread that before his posting was going along nicely without any animosity or discord

Hi Brian

Stavey's wording (bent) is poor word choice. I think I know what he means, whether you are a commercial or angler being on the sfc's is hard work it is just the way they are.

However there are some anglers on here so anti commercial that they say insulting things even to the people that may agree with a commercial on odd occasion.

steve

Hi Brian

Stavey's wording (bent) is poor word choice. I think I know what he means, whether you are a commercial or angler being on the sfc's is hard work it is just the way they are.

However there are some anglers on here so anti commercial that they say insulting things even to the people that may agree with a commercial on odd occasion.

steve

Yes steve i admit it was a poor choice, and if you look now i have ammended this to hopefully a better one? i had no intention of messing up the discord of this thread and if that is the case? i apologise, i just wish people would lay their cards on the table, i dont know what brian carragher is? is a rsa like me or a commercial like you steve? i know where i am with you!

Yes steve i admit it was a poor choice, and if you look now i have ammended this to hopefully a better one? i had no intention of messing up the discord of this thread and if that is the case? i apologise, i just wish people would lay their cards on the table, i dont know what brian carragher is? is a rsa like me or a commercial like you steve? i know where i am with you!

Hi Stavey

fair comment

Mr Carragher welcome to anglersnet would you please be kind enough to tell us whether you are a commercial or angler or something else

steve

Stavey

:clap2: Perhaps in this case "bent" means a strong bias or leaning in one direction. :clap: