Not as quick as the bikes, but still...

Steve Walker

Steve I to would love to know what a proper quick car with a proper quick driver could do ....one without the other don't last long face .

Miss my Scooby I do

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I think the lap record for a Scooby at the Nurburgring is just under 8 mins. Lap record for road cars is about 6:50, for racing cars 6:11 set a long time ago...

I'd like to see something like this have a crack:

http://youtu.be/cdXtIt4xd_Y

Aha. The Doune Hill Climb, which in reality is an up-hill climb ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Would need a bigger fuel tank, but some of those hillclimb cars are incredible - massive power to weight and serious downforce. Lots of them are based on F3 cars, with as much power as that Subaru, a third of the weight, enough ground clearance to deal with bumpy tracks and serious downforce.

I'm not sure many people realise how quick a slicks and wings single seater is compared to even an exotic road car. Something like a Formula Ford will crucify a 150 grand Ferrari.

• Like 1

Yes mate 250 mph+ and sub 4 sec 0-60 from a 1.0 litre engine. Brown trousers or what ;)

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I think it may have been a Renault F1 car, I could be wrong but I seem to recall Mick Grant on a works Kwacker racing it on the Island about 30 years ago....bike was "properly whupped"....as Phone would say!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

All,

How about this baby: "Killacycle Battery Power Drag Bike 0-60 0.8 seconds. 990x A123 M1 cells out of a Dewalt cordless power tool, 2 x Advanced DC FB1-4001 motors".

Phone