10-15lb 49 strand wire

Anderoo

who woulda thought it, zander anglers not happy about having to use wire complain and have their will impact on other peoples fishing, greedy busy-bodies the lot of them, eh Anderoo.

<_<

its all a bit laughable, funny old game this angling.

Like I said Andy, share a boat there with me for a day and you'll quickly understand. I really don't think you're in any position to comment to be honest. If I was leaving jigs in loads of pike (or any pike really) you would have a point, but I'm not and you don't.

Unless I've misunderstood and you done a load of deep water vertical jigging for zander and your views are based on experience, in which case I apologise.

Zander anglers having the freedom to choose the most suitable trace material based on conditions is having no impact whatsoever on pikers or anyone else; zander anglers being forced to use wire all the time regardless of everything else has a very significant impact on zander anglers.

Flouro has been the main trace material for the ander fishing at the AW reservoirs for many years now, and the pike fishing is still as good as ever. So I'm really not sure what you think the problem is.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

tongue in cheek, Kappa. pro fluoro users now wanting a ban lifted while pike anglers get slated and blamed for having the rule imposed in the first place.

As for impact, pike anglers will now just need to put up and shut up if or when a pike dies as a result, but hey, so long as people can catch more zander right ?

no better than each other :rolleyes:

Sorry Andy, you're just wrong on this one. Have a season fishing down there if you want to properly understand the issue (or non-issue).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I wouldnt think its a specific type of forum that does it Steve, I take it as a general rule of thumb not to name waters (pike or otherwise) on the web, rule or not and I would hope that more people had the common sense not to do it.

What ya getting at Steve ?

Well, essentially the reason pike forums are particularly itchy about naming waters is that pike don't tolerate pressure. Or to put it more plainly, with the best will in the world and observance of best practice, pike fishing kills pike. Which makes getting hysterical about a theoretical risk from zander fishing a bit hypocritical.

Like I said Andy, share a boat there with me for a day and you'll quickly understand. I really don't think you're in any position to comment to be honest. If I was leaving jigs in loads of pike (or any pike really) you would have a point, but I'm not and you don't.

Unless I've misunderstood and you done a load of deep water vertical jigging for zander and your views are based on experience, in which case I apologise.

Zander anglers having the freedom to choose the most suitable trace material based on conditions is having no impact whatsoever on pikers or anyone else; zander anglers being forced to use wire all the time regardless of everything else has a very significant impact on zander anglers.

Flouro has been the main trace material for the ander fishing at the AW reservoirs for many years now, and the pike fishing is still as good as ever. So I'm really not sure what you think the problem is.

I dont see how my views are any less important then anyone else, this is a discussion forum and im well entitled to comment on what ever I want, experienced or not.

If you read through my posts on this you will see I havnt given a preference for wire or fluoro or dictated how anyone should fish for zander, as you said I dont have a great deal of experience on the matter but like ive said, this is a discussion and thats what im doing.

for what its worth I personally would most probably use wire, and im not a pike only angler ill have a go for everything. thats just me and my own personal views.

Sorry Andy, you're just wrong on this one. Have a season fishing down there if you want to properly understand the issue (or non-issue).

Read it again please.

tongue in cheek, Kappa. pro fluoro users now wanting a ban lifted while pike anglers get slated and blamed for having the rule imposed in the first place.

As for impact, pike anglers will now just need to put up and shut up if or when a pike dies as a result, but hey, so long as people can catch more zander right ?

no better than each other :rolleyes:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Well, essentially the reason pike forums are particularly itchy about naming waters is that pike don't tolerate pressure. Or to put it more plainly, with the best will in the world and observance of best practice, pike fishing kills pike. Which makes getting hysterical about a theoretical risk from zander fishing a bit hypocritical.

I cant agree with that, its idiots and general poor angling that kills pike, or any fish for that matter imo. I wouldn't name waters where ive caught even the smallest of roach never mind my biggest pike, why ? because its unwise. we have no idea how the people we inform so freely online are going to respect the fish or even the environment. ive seen first hand what reckless/thoughtless naming of waters can do as we all have at some point.

information regarding waters is shared but only to the people we trust im sure we are all guilty of that, no matter what "species" we target.

if you or anderoo wanted to know about any of my haunts id consider letting you know but only over pm because I know you are both no fools.

Fair enough Andy. Genuine offer to come and share the boat if you're ever down this way and fancy it. It's a LOT of fun :)

Point is, Andy, they're not tough as old boots like carp. You don't hear of "named" big pike being caught again and again because they just don't take it well. The risk of them dying after capture depends on how they are handled, and is much lower if they are handled well than if they are handled badly, but it's not negligible and it's enough that too much fishing pressure from even good experienced pikers will eventually ruin the fishing.

Fair enough Andy. Genuine offer to come and share the boat if you're ever down this way and fancy it. It's a LOT of fun :)

Be careful, I might call you on that one day :D cast me a line if your up this way and ill try to help out, all our prolific pike waters can easily be found online though :(

Point is, Andy, they're not tough as old boots like carp. You don't hear of "named" big pike being caught again and again because they just don't take it well. The risk of them dying after capture depends on how they are handled, and is much lower if they are handled well than if they are handled badly, but it's not negligible and it's enough that too much fishing pressure from even good experienced pikers will eventually ruin the fishing.

I do agree with you on the pressure thing I should have added :thumbs:

but at the same time id hope the reason for named big pike not being caught over and over again is due to them being smarter (yes Phone, I know :doh:) and harder to catch than mug carp.

I was reading a bit somewhere of an angler years and years back catching a pike from a stretch of water he fished quite regularly, several years later he could easily identify it when caught again, so where did it go for all them years?

I've emailed them to check Steve, and will let everyone going know when I hear back.

Confirmed. (I'll have a copy of the email with me.)