large bass turning up on the yorkshire coast

big_cod

The official figures give a value of UK bass landings at £3.2million.

However, the DEFRA consultation have made allowances for unrecorded landings and estimated the total UK landing value for bass at £7.5 million.

Hang on!!!

£7.5 million, minus £3.2 million. That's 4.3 million pounds unaccounted for.

That's about £1.1 million pounds in tax that hasn't been paid!

I must be a mug for paying my tax, and so must every other honest citizen to put up with this crap.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Steve

It's the estimated figure for the under ten meter fleet, up untill the reg of buyers and sellers they only guessed the figures for the under 10's, usually badly,

Don't worry most of us get skinned by the taxman, same as every body eles.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Steve

It's the estimated figure for the under ten meter fleet, up untill the reg of buyers and sellers they only guessed the figures for the under 10's, usually badly,

Don't worry most of us get skinned by the taxman, same as every body eles.

Oh I know Peter. It just strikes me as odd that the authority know that there are vast amounts of fish being caught and money earnt that isn't declared, and yet choose to do nothing about it. If it were a builder or cab driver doing it, and the authorities knew, they would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

Interesting also that the amount of undeclared earnings exceed the declared earnings by £1.1 million!

Unbelievable.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hello Steve

No you are not quite getting it.

It is not fish that is not declared to the tax man, though no doubt some is,

The over 10's have to fill in daily log books where as the under 10's figures were just guessed at, with a few landings seen by a fishery officer either on board or at the market and fish merchants, there were never accurate figures of under 10's sent to DEFRA. 4.3 million is what DEFRA estimate the under 10's earnt on bass

PS when the mrs gets off the bloody phone I'll give you a ring.

I fish to live and live to fish.

PS when the mrs gets off the bloody phone I'll give you a ring.

That's why I got Skype Wuzel!

Not only are PC to PC conversations free, but I can ring phone numbers and chat to people on landlines and mobiles over the broadband connection at low cost, while Brenda has long conversations with her friends on the same landline.

You can download Skype for free at http://www.skype.com

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hang on!!!

That's about £1.1 million pounds in tax that hasn't been paid!

I must be a mug for paying my tax, and so must every other honest citizen to put up with this crap.

Hi Steve

NO you are not a mug for paying your tax, its called having a good nights sleep. Anyone that thinks they can get away with not paying tax is an idiot. They will catch them in the end. I have seen it only to often, and it makes me laugh. Every so many years the tax man goes through the fishing industry and i have seen men lose there boats. In the last year the tax man has looked at my accounts and vat man did i lose sleep no not all i allways get a check never take cash..

You are right there are alot who avoid it. in our area it is unlicenced rod and line fishermen and unlicenced drift gillnetters.

The buyers and sellers list is a good thing should be extended to takeaways and hotals and what they call china town at london

steve

Oh I know Peter. It just strikes me as odd that the authority know that there are vast amounts of fish being caught and money earnt that isn't declared, and yet choose to do nothing about it. If it were a builder or cab driver doing it, and the authorities knew, they would be down on them like a ton of bricks.

Interesting also that the amount of undeclared earnings exceed the declared earnings by £1.1 million!

Unbelievable.

Hi Steve

Rest assured taxman will come down on them just as hard as anyone else i have seen it lol

The buyers and sellers list is a good thing should be extended to takeaways and hotals and what they call china town at london

Buyers and Sellers applies to anyone buying fish directly from a fishing vessel, including pubs restuarants etc.

(The only exception is when the buyer is buying 25kg or less for their own consumption.)

If a pub or restuarant etc has fish but no traceable invoice to link it back through the supply chain to the boat that caught it, or the importer, then they are in trouble if the man from the MFA comes calling.

Full details at: http://www.defra.gov.uk/fish/sea/manage/re...ation/index.htm

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

That's why I got Skype Wuzel!

Not only are PC to PC conversations free, but I can ring phone numbers and chat to people on landlines and mobiles over the broadband connection at low cost, while Brenda has long conversations with her friends on the same landline.

You can download Skype for free at http://www.skype.com

Hi Leon

I have been on skype for ages it is really good phone fishing chum out in aus free and the lines better than bt

steve