Famous People

deanbmw

My Mum used to work in Broomfields the Bakers in West Norwood with Ken Livingstone's Mum! She used to think I looked like Cliff Richard (his Mum, not my Mum).

She *was* a bit short-sighted, though... :blink:

I was once in a film with Roger Daltry

Tommy? Listzomania??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a Banana Davy; I was an extra in Tommy when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic.

I have met him couple of times at Lakedown as well (once gave me a bottle of whisky).

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Finepix

The Rolling Stones (before they were famous) asked my Dad if he'd be their roadie. At the time he only had a motorbike and didn't drive so had to turn them down. He used to see them every week in local pubs though, playing the blue's and hated it when they became 'famous' as the music completely changed.

And my FIL used to hang out with Jimmy Page and play guitar - even though he then went on to be in a few blue's bands, he never made it as big as Jimmy, bless him.

I need to get out more as I havn't met anyone famous. :(

Once was invited to Lawrence Lleweyl Bowen's (sp) party at a TFI Friday he had hired............couldn't be bothered though. :P

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest Finepix
I need to get out more as I havn't met anyone famous. :(

Once was invited to Lawrence Lleweyl Bowen's (sp) party at a TFI Friday he had hired............couldn't be bothered though. :P

:o The man is a genius!! Did you know he designed the interior of the Richmond Theatre straight out of College/Uni (?) the decor anyway, all the cherubs etc.. were all done by his own fine hands.

If you get another invite Ant you know who to call, and no I'm not talking about Ghostbusters!!

now thats cool tony :)

What going to Portsmouth Poly???????

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

:o The man is a genius!! Did you know he designed the interior of the Richmond Theatre straight out of College/Uni (?) the decor anyway, all the cherubs etc.. were all done by his own fine hands.

If you get another invite Ant you know who to call, and no I'm not talking about Ghostbusters!!

My other half met him and his family quite regulary through work and became friends, re. the party invitation. Apparently he's very nice, as is his wife and little 'uns.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Have a Banana Davy; I was an extra in Tommy when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic.

My missus was doing her teacher training in Portsmouth when they were filming Tommy - didn't they accidentally burn part of the pier down?