Famous People

deanbmw

Hmmm, strange, there are several here who have met and fished with me and they haven't mentioned it! :blink:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best friends is andy mcnabb

I'm one of the few people who's got a genuine signed copy of Bravo Two Zero.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My Gran's landlady was Brian Poole's (of Brian Poole and the Tremeloes "fame") auntie. In the 60s, she used to give me signed copies of every single they brought out. Only one of them ("Do You Love Me?") ever got to Number One, but the whole lot went in the bin when I got a bit older and realised that sort of music was deeply uncool... B)

Wonder if they would be worth much now? Probably not...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRIAN-POOLE-THE-TREM...1QQcmdZViewItem

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

not wanting to turn this into a game of celeb top trumps, but i get a christmas card from christine and neil hamilton :)

Pah - young Jeeps!

I'll see your pair of Hamiltons and raise you my Christmas AND birthday cards from Darth Vader and The Incredible Hulk. Ner.

Dave Prowse and Lou Ferrigno are mates of mine, see? I once had an arm-wrestle with Lou. I had him worried, too.*

* He thought he'd torn my poxy shoulder off. :blink:

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Pah - young Jeeps!

I'll see your pair of Hamiltons and raise you my Christmas AND birthday cards from Darth Vader and The Incredible Hulk. Ner.

Dave Prowse and Lou Ferrigno are mates of mine, see? I once had an arm-wrestle with Lou. I had him worried, too.*

I playe golf at Cranbrook with Dave Prowse for a few years. I don't know if he still plays, because he was a bit arthritic when I met him. he and John Silkin former MP for Deptford were the guys who signed my first handicap qualifying scorecard.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Pah - young Jeeps!

terrywimp.jpg

You mean that guy? :D

Makes me laugh how he makes you look small!

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I playe golf at Cranbrook with Dave Prowse

Dave Prowse was also the Green Cross Code man - my old schoolfriends Doug Bennett and Pete Norman recorded the jingle with him (Doug was a sound engineer at Olympic Studios at the time).

This is getting a bit desperate now, isn't it? :unsure:

This is getting a bit desperate now, isn't it? :unsure:

No, but it's about to..... :D

I was 'in on' Murray Walker's This Is Your Life and was present when he got nabbed.

And, even sadder, I have a video from him just signed "Best Wishes, Murray Walker." This is no lie; it was supposed to be signed to "Big Elt", but my friend (his publicist at the time) had such bad writing that he thought she'd written "Big Tits" and refused to sign it as such :D