Famous People

deanbmw

Guest Finepix
My missus was doing her teacher training in Portsmouth when they were filming Tommy - didn't they accidentally burn part of the pier down?

Cool! Just found this .... Why don't you take a journey down to sunny Portsmouth and visit Clarence Pier. You know, the one that The Who used in Tommy, oh sorry, thats it, the one The Who BURNED DOWN for Tommy in the final ending sequence! You can also go and visit the B&B that they stayed at during filming. If that isn't enough for the avid Who fan, why not take a short trip across to Brighton and vist the alley where Phil Daniels and Leslie Ash got rather 'friendly' in Quadrophenia!

:lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a Banana Davy; I was an extra in Tommy when I was at Portsmouth Polytechnic.

I have met him couple of times at Lakedown as well (once gave me a bottle of whisky).

This is a question I have asked on the TOMMY site and still not been given an answer to. I don't expect it is him, but just after Tommy has been cured and he is running along the beach in front of a row of cars and they flash the faces of some of the people sitting in the cars, towards the end is a guy (sitting in a car with two other people I think) that looks amazingly like John Lennon. Has anyone else noticed this and could it possibly be him? He did have a sense of humour!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I've just found a few threads about this on line. Here is a still from the film

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/jen...johnlennon2.jpg

Can't find anything conclusive, but from the image I (personally) would say it isn't him ...

I would agree it is not John Lennon

By the way I know my bin man he's a local star :D:D certainly does more good than some so called famous people.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

OK, I'll top the lot. When I was working I used to do quite a lot of business with a VERY nice man! His name? Ronny Barker!

Finepix - That picture looks more like him out of Mrs Doubtfire!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I've just found a few threads about this on line. Here is a still from the film

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/jen...johnlennon2.jpg

Can't find anything conclusive, but from the image I (personally) would say it isn't him ...

:)

chesters looks more like john lennon than that :)

Guest Finepix
OK, I'll top the lot. When I was working I used to do quite a lot of business with a VERY nice man! His name? Ronny Barker!

Finepix - That picture looks more like him out of Mrs Doubtfire!!

Hmmmm, it's that bouffant grey wig and dodgy stage make-up that gives it away isn't it :wacko::P

chesters looks more like john lennon than that :)

That conjures up a strange picture :D

No offence chester, I only know you, through your comments on here,and as with all members, I have a mental picture of your apperance, but I was looking through some old threads, and you gave away your age, your younger than me. Now the John Lennon comparison, coupled with that fact, as made me rethink that picture. :o:D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John