Save the cod

Guest @Winter@

I can't look at it mate. I'm banned from Mike Thrussels site! :( LOL :g::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Hi Steve

This is what winter is talking about

Originally Posted by fiskies

Now no doubt all of you have signed the save the cod petition on the link at the top of the forum page created my Mike Thruss Jnr, I certainly did. However there doesn't seem to be too many signatures on it, at least not enough YET!

If you're like me, where most of my family and friends don't fish, but I'm sure if they knew the severe problems with the cod, then they would all sign the petition aswell. Everyone loves a cod supper, and if they knew it may be off the menu because of over trawling then they may do something about it too!

So here's what I did, I created a short e-mail asking people to log onto the link and sign the petition, I also made a little remark at the end stating that the e-mail should be sent to everyone in their address book or they MAY have bad luck. Now I hate getting those sort of e-mails, but not wanting any bad luck, I always forward them on to everyone in my address book regardless.

So if everyone on the site did likewise and we created a chain e-mail then hundreds if not thousands of people would be signing the petition.

All I ask is try it, I did, and within two days, I logged back onto the link and viewed the recent signatures only to find over half the people in my address list had signed the petition willingly.

Please just give it a go, even if it only generates a few more signatures.

Spread the word, we need COD!

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Where are these Cod that want saving?

Do they really exist?

Trips at £45.00 a head, that produce not one good size fish, lead me to beleive that the latest trawlers are fitted with the Dyson? Super Duper Cyclone Cod Scooper trawl kit, and that nothing is left to save!

Guest @Winter@

Peter, What may be true of some parts of the country is certainly not the case in others. If you take a minute or 2 to read the petition you will see mentioned some recent research by cefas off Whitby which is the area I live in. Whilst highlighting how the current trawling situation in Autumn leads to discards of small undersized fish it also gives insight to the fact that cod still exist.

Steve What on earth did you do ??? Seems a tolerable place at Mike Thrussels I notice you can swear and stuff. The lads there seem to hate commercial fishermen though. At least they do on the north east forum. I did egg them on a bit mind :headhurt:

i'm doing my bit to save the cod, i'm having pollack for dinner :)

Thats why i went whiting fishing last night :blink:

Where are these Cod that want saving?

Do they really exist?

Trips at £45.00 a head, that produce not one good size fish, lead me to beleive that the latest trawlers are fitted with the Dyson? Super Duper Cyclone Cod Scooper trawl kit, and that nothing is left to save!

Sorry pete i think you are fishing the wrong place mate.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg