Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

Believe you can sikaflex or silicon it to hull as long as no bubbles in the silicon or plastic bag full of water with tranducer inside ,think I still have a nev fickling transducer tilting mount in the shed if I can find it , will deffo get one before we go and a drogue but don't tell Rusty coz he will forget that....

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Yes it works. Most "pro" boats have it done like this as the transducer is better protected. On a "portable" set up I used to use a simple baton of wood with the transducer mounted on just "G" clamped to the gunwhale. I've got a purpose made aluminium mount now that looks and does much the same. However I have used the shoot through the hull method with a portasble set up and it works fine as long as you can get it somewhere you ain't going top trip over the lead or kick/stand on the transducer! boats with duck board floors are perfect as the unit is protected from your clumsiness and can have water in without your gear getting wet. I don't know about the Grafham boats but a lot of TR's have them set up like this.

As I mentioned I've not fished Grafham but have fished a lot of other big reservoir for Pike. It always pays to take a good drogue, extra mud weights/anchor and anchor rope.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'll have to give it a try, cheers budgie. Yes the AW boats have separated bits at the ends (excuse my non technical boat speak!) where a container of water would be out of the way. (Ps it's Rutland before you end up at the wrong one ;) )

Rob it would be great if you could make it, I'll book an extra boat just in case. We can always cancel it later if you can't come.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo just remind me Rutland = more fish but smaller Grafham= bigger fish but less of them?? going to splurge some money on a finder this evening

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Looking at dates when we're all free, I'm going to suggest the following 2 days:

Wed 8 Oct

Fri 24 Oct

Shout now if these are no good, otherwise I'll book us some boats before the end of the week :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks - but I think I have a couple of options Anderoo - a stiff 9' 30g spinning rod which I have used for pike, salmon (and livebaiting for bass at depth -entertaining when I hooked a ray!). I also recently acquired a shorter 7' 8lb class boat rod which was the dogs bits for black bream.

I figured either of those teamed up with my ABU 6501 with 10lb braid might do the trick - thoughts?

I have FA with respect to jigs/lures (I lost 'em all in the great Pangbourne Robbery) so I'll need a bit of advice on that front!

M