Re-sizing

Cameraman

I have no trouble resizing to within 700 x 500 but the images remain over 150kb. I'm using Adobe photoshop Elements 2.0 to resize, and photbucket to host, where am i going wrong?

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

I have no trouble resizing to within 700 x 500 but the images remain over 150kb. I'm using Adobe photoshop Elements 2.0 to resize, and photbucket to host, where am i going wrong?

Are you saving the files as JPEGs (.JPG)?

Photobucket will automatically resize your image to fit on its site ... as long as it is the correct format.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Thanks guys, i'll have a quick check Definatley in jpeg, and they now appear re sized, just look smaller than i thought.

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

When you save as JPG, PS elements should ask you to select the quality. Try reducing it to medium and this will bring down the file size. Max is 12 I think, so is often 6 is OK. The save window should calculate the file size as you move the quality slide bar around, i.e.

jpginfo.jpg

I use Elements 2, do it as follows:

Resize,

tick restrain proportions, resample image

Resolution: 70

Pixel Dimentions: 700 w or h, (depends which is long edge?)

Enter

Bottom left of scree,

type 100%

Enter

Save as:

File name

Enter

Quality:

Enter

Then do the photobucket thing, its auto!

No expert, but the above works for me!

CJS2

Try

www. irfanview.com.

I see the link aint working, but do a Google on it.....

Absolutely brilliant and free....once its downloaded, go to image,scroll down to resize....then save...should do the job for you ......

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• 6 months later...

In Photoshop use Save for Web. Take your choice on file size, remember though the smaller your file size the less quality you get.

The actual dimensions of your picture will be reduced if you try to upload, to an imaging host, too big of a file.

The end results in a smaller picture than what you want.

If you have your own, or rent a web server, you can upload any size of file or files using FTP.

I hope this helps.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif