size 18 spade end hooks

MESMORISE

hi i recently purchased some size 18 spade end hooks, after reciving them i realised i cant use them anyone want them?. i know i stupid but will know for next time. thanks scott :wallbash:

Why can't you use them?

If it's just tying them that's the problem, then you can get one of many hook tyers on the market, to make it easier.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Learn to tie a spade-end knot (plenty of knot sites around) and your mistake will have enriched your angling skills

Try here www.claphamangling.co.uk/knots

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

You could also buy a hooktie thingymebob. Think there was a topic on here about the different ones you can get. I got one myself and it takes no time at all to tie a hook on. Few goes with it at home and you will be a dab hand.

Hi , you can buy a device that will help you tie spade hooks, I think Drennan do one, retails at a couple of £'s. I'm sure the guys in the shop would show you how to use it. Honestly it's fairly simple ( i have one and manage to use it myself !)

"Oh to be out in the old grey boat"

Get youself a drennan hooktier, very easy to use.

I belive spade ends are slightly lighter in weight than an eyed hook and give a better presentation for small baits due to knot being on the hook, not above it making hooklength material more visable.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I'm a fan of the Matchman hook tyer, find it easier to use than the Drennan. Saying that some people are the other way round and find the Drennan easier. Try both at a shop if you can before buying. I also find them good for tying small eyed hooks, particularly in bad weather when cold hands can make conventional knots hard to tie.

Will

Looks pretty much like the Matchman - way over priced at £9.99 plus postage, should be around 3 quid.

Will

[Edit]

Harrisons have bothe the Matchman & the Drennan at Harrisons Tackle

Edited by Will Wilkinson